Wagoneer maybe going to impound auction seattle wa.

I saw this car today while at the tow yard.  It's located in Renton Washington  I'm not sure when it is going to auction but will repost if I get that info. It just got there today. The last jeep i got there was $300 but it was built up. 

Hope it helps someone looking for parts20220926_142630.jpg.761e7565aa69a21280fc3a6f4a505531.jpg20220926_142625.jpg.fcae2538b9489f3d6d1910815192bd7b.jpg

20220926_142628.jpg

20220926_142639.jpg

20220926_142646.jpg

20220926_142659.jpg

20220926_142658.jpg

4 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

How the hell does that get impounded? 

Could be many reasons, stolen, used in crime, broke down and some kind of tax office had it towed, could have been considered an abandoned vehicle, local compliance/code enforcement could have done it. The fees are absolutely ludicrous when this happens that rack up at hourly rates that usually must have receipts of the fines paid at the tax man's office that made the call to a wrecker in order to pay the wrecker fees to get out of impound. If it happens on a Friday night and you even know instantly, by Monday it could easily be well over a couple grand. It's disgusting when you do your research how many dirty cops there are that also own or share ownership in wrecking and salvage yards. The Feds came in investigating the police here in Indy over this exact stuff as the new Lucus Oil stadium and downtown started changing. Now called U Pull and Pay on the west side was one of the dirtiest operations. It's changed names and "ownership" two or three times since then and it just kinda slowly disappeared from the headlines. I was literally locked out of the scale house and given pay for only a 2500 pound vehicle which was the only vehicle I took there back when scrap was 285 a ton during cash for clunkers. It was a complete xj which I drove there. They made people sign title over before entering scale or paying. That kind of crap was just a tip of the iceberg of what used to go on there. Since then I can count the times I've gone. It usually ends up with me pulling a carts worth of stuff just to toss in the core bin in which they get nothing unless it's scrap metal. Most the locals that have lived here 15-20 years hate that crooked operation. I'll also add some of the same dirty cops owned or partnered with the auto auction lots. Follow the money, find who owns those places, and search them on the web. Many times the common denominators shock you. It's a lot easier today on the web than it was 20 years ago. Lol I literally went back and pulled the motor from that xj they ripped me off and tossed it in the core bin just so they didn't get $385 from some Joe plus core, environment fees, gate fee, and inflated tax rate. They only paid me $340 for it. Eventually people all over town were going there just to trash the inventory after getting ripped off the same way.

24 minutes ago, AdroitKirby said:

Well that's something

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2015/02/22/cases-police-seize-cars-homes-charges-filed/23802807/

It happens way more than what people think. I had a crooked motorcycle cop tow my truck off my property in the alley in which I was unloading legally parked when I first bought my house. The cop was dating the tenant directly behind my house and came personally making threats twice two days prior. Both he did so once and his girlfriend with multiple witnesses each time. My neighbor came out as well as I did as it was happening. His partner took off and said "Your on your own. I don't want to be associated with this." Long story short I had a ride instantly down town, paid fees, knew luckily exactly which impound yard to find it from the poor wrecker in the middle of it, and it still cost me damn near $500 bucks after everything was said and done for the 2.5 hours it was in impound. That didn't include the civil court fees in which I filed to take him to court. It was a Friday late afternoon when this started. Lucky my neighbor hauled and got us to the city building to pay the fines before closing. Otherwise it would have had to wait until Monday. Then it would have been another county office visit with a small document fee to find the impound yard info if the wrecker hadn't given it to me. By Monday morning that $500 could have been twenty five hundred. It's dangerous when you don't understand we are all in their game. The trick is staying out of it under the radar. He kinda forgot about the part they both still parked out back in the alley and I had 6 feet to legally move my fence back making it impossible back then in the winter and extremely difficult otherwise. All those post holes were sunk 40 plus inches with 12-18 80 lb bags of quick rete. The one directly in front of their spot was a 12' 6x6 sunk 6 ft with over 24 bags. Someone totalled their Ford Taurus backing into it drunk one night. 😂 My fence didn't have a scratch but there were paint chips flown 10' inside my yard from it.

Sorry that happened saveevryjp1998. I hate when bad cops ruin the reputation of the rest. I have had good experiences here in Renton. I've gotten two rigs from the auction. The story of where mine came from seemed far more legit. My most recent was a 2017 Ram that was a recovered stolen. Insurance paid the owner I assume because the insurance company now owned it. They never came for it so I bought it. Little damage but runs and drives good. 

I agree though there could easily be some shady dealings. I can speak for this tow yard though. I know the owner and several of his employees and they seem like good people. 

I dealt with a tow yard after my K5 Blazer was towed from a bar in Fredericksburg VA.  The bar closed at 1 am, the parking lot had a small sign saying it had to be vacated by midnight.  I walked out at 1230am to find my truck gone, had no idea about the sign until then.  I got my truck back, but those impound lot people are the scum of the earth.

I'd never say all police are bad and corrupt. Yes though you are correct the bad apples make things a nightmare for any profession. I have friends from local to state police that I'd never question their heart or integrity as well as fully understand what nightmares those good souls face daily for the good of society.

1 hour ago, rylee144 said:

Sorry that happened saveevryjp1998. I hate when bad cops ruin the reputation of the rest. I have had good experiences here in Renton. I've gotten two rigs from the auction. The story of where mine came from seemed far more legit. My most recent was a 2017 Ram that was a recovered stolen. Insurance paid the owner I assume because the insurance company now owned it. They never came for it so I bought it. Little damage but runs and drives good. 

I agree though there could easily be some shady dealings. I can speak for this tow yard though. I know the owner and several of his employees and they seem like good people. 

49 minutes ago, schardein said:

I dealt with a tow yard after my K5 Blazer was towed from a bar in Fredericksburg VA.  The bar closed at 1 am, the parking lot had a small sign saying it had to be vacated by midnight.  I walked out at 1230am to find my truck gone, had no idea about the sign until then.  I got my truck back, but those impound lot people are the scum of the earth.

I would be livid too but that kinda stuff happens everywhere to both law abiding citizens and people breaking the law. It's not right and people need to pay attention and be aware. Not all impound people are scum. They have laws to follow and sometimes it's the political crooks hiding under title or badge twisting their arm. 

• 2 months later...
On 9/26/2022 at 2:36 PM, rylee144 said:

I saw this car today while at the tow yard.  It's located in Renton Washington  I'm not sure when it is going to auction but will repost if I get that info. It just got there today. The last jeep i got there was $300 but it was built up. 

Hope it helps someone looking for parts20220926_142630.jpg.761e7565aa69a21280fc3a6f4a505531.jpg20220926_142625.jpg.fcae2538b9489f3d6d1910815192bd7b.jpg

20220926_142628.jpg

20220926_142639.jpg

20220926_142646.jpg

20220926_142659.jpg

20220926_142658.jpg

Is that at Bankers?