86 blower resistor for ac truck

frankspeed420

5 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

Actuallyyyyyy they aren’t. 84-86 only the AC equipped from the factory Jeeps have a unique to them resistor that has 5 prongs instead of the 4 for all the others. 

So the 85 waggy with the Sentry setup I pulled for you should have one correct?

36 minutes ago, frankspeed420 said:

Thanks for all your help

I've never seen a waggy without ac. I should have 1 or 2 here as well attached to the whole assembly but it would be easier to pull one from the 85 verses digging here to find it next time I'm out that way. I can't recall if the ones here were dealer or factory but I'd wager the 85 waggy has exactly what your after but no clue on the condition.

6 hours ago, saveevryjp1998 said:

What I have here would be 86 2.5 ac specific since I had both factory and dealer ac in some of the last xj and mj I ever parted.  I'd probably struggle to identify what's what. Pics of what to dig up would help. Again not sure how much or what is exactly left.

IMG_20220720_124040745_HDR.jpg.1397e6a56d0e4bd5781d6218e498676f.jpg

The heater box right there in front may have the blower resistor in it. Ill grab a pic in a few

16 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

Yup! I feel I should make a PSA for 86 unique parts. 

Please do. I've been struggling with the blower in my 86 for a while now and this thread made me realize I'm not the only one struggling trying to find these parts.

26 minutes ago, coheed said:

Please do. I've been struggling with the blower in my 86 for a while now and this thread made me realize I'm not the only one struggling trying to find these parts.

It will take me some time but I’ll definitely make a list of 84-86 specifics. I’ll even include the XJ.