87 Chief

Sweet, guess I'll hang on to this one then. Also, is there a proper way to take off the rubber guide things that keep the tailgate from rattling? This one still has 2 straight ones which I could rly use since mine are all bent and warped.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rear window has no handle, just solid glass. But it is possible to open by just using the friction of your hand, its not the smoothest slide though. How would a proper one look? I'm thinkin about putting this into mine and obv would like a handle. Also here's a cover for a fog light, idk if it would have been on the bumper or sport bar or either but I only found 1.

IMG_3841.jpg

IMG_3838.jpg

15 hours ago, Warren99 said:

The rear window has no handle, just solid glass. But it is possible to open by just using the friction of your hand, its not the smoothest slide though. How would a proper one look? I'm thinkin about putting this into mine and obv would like a handle. Also here's a cover for a fog light, idk if it would have been on the bumper or sport bar or either but I only found 1.

IMG_3841.jpg

IMG_3838.jpg

Whatever you do, don't toss it... some nut job will probably pay big bucks for it.

29 minutes ago, Warren99 said:

Oh wow ok. Well now that I see that, how do I tell if some I see in a junkyard are factory fog lights?

Only three lights were used(without diving into the world of dealer approved accessories)Marchals, ROLs and Blazers. Marchals 84-87. ROL 87-90. Blazer 91-96. Those covers fit ROLs(and Sears ones to my excitement)only. 

Gotcha, might have to run to the local junkyard soon. Also, the rubber trim going around the Chief, I have every piece but the front fender on the driver side, which luckily should be the same as an XJ. If I see a limited XJ I'll grab the piece to have a complete set for an MJ. I don't really see myself ever installing them to mine, but what would be an expected value of a complete set for an MJ?