box chop

Not sure where I found these, but I think it said he took 16" out of a long bed. You can see ho wmuch of the frame he had to chop.

I'll be doing the same thing with mine in a couple weeks. But I'm cutting off the rear leaf mount too, gonna build a rear crossmember that serves as a bumper and has the leaf spring hangers in it as well.

That's my MJ. I only took 8" out of the box and it is a SWB. That's about the most you can take out if you keep the stock shackle location. Just had to trip the rear section of the frame to get the tail gate to open all the way

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be doing the same thing with mine in a couple weeks. But I'm cutting off the rear leaf mount too, gonna build a rear crossmember that serves as a bumper and has the leaf spring hangers in it as well.

That's a good idea, I might do the same thing

Image Not Found

That very close to what my MJ will look like with the cab extended for 2dr XJ doors. Mine will have a slightly longer cab since I'm keeping the back of the MJ cab and just making the door openings 9" longer. It will have a custom bobbed and dovetailed bed thou. :brows:

More like this.