thoughts on how to preserve this crumpled paper...

so I found this in a 90s XJ and it has the codes on the back.  but it's a little bit... crumpled.  and fragile.  any ideas on how to get it into a legible flat piece of paper again?  I'm having flashbacks to an episode of MacGyver, but haven't quite worked up the guts to squirt it with water...

IMG_20211210_003857_010.jpg

this is what I ended up doing.  spritz it with a bit of water, slowly unfold it on a cooking sheet, then carefully compress with a book (with a plastic cover so it won't stick) and let dry.  so far so good. :L:   just got the top bit to do today and then I can put it into a plastic sleeve.  I thought about laminating it, but I fear that if anything goes wrong, it'll go very very wrong.  I'm looking forward to examining the codes on the back.  :D

IMG_20211212_090119_651.jpg

On 12/12/2021 at 9:09 AM, Pete M said:

this is what I ended up doing.  spritz it with a bit of water, slowly unfold it on a cooking sheet, then carefully compress with a book (with a plastic cover so it won't stick) and let dry.  so far so good. :L:   just got the top bit to do today and then I can put it into a plastic sleeve.  I thought about laminating it, but I fear that if anything goes wrong, it'll go very very wrong.  I'm looking forward to examining the codes on the back.  :D

IMG_20211212_090119_651.jpg

Ugh.. that orange book is giving me flashbacks.