My 1992 Comanche Pioneer Rejuvination

11 minutes ago, fiatslug87 said:

:yeahthat:
Unfortunately, they are not currently being reproduced. However, I remember someone saying they were sending a NOS one to Phoenix Graphics (???) for reproduction.

I haven’t heard anything since I last spoke to the gentleman about getting them done. 
OP, you can call Phoenix graphics and see if they have them yet. Or I can tomorrow. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, eaglescout526 said:

I haven’t heard anything since I last spoke to the gentleman about getting them done. 
OP, you can call Phoenix graphics and see if they have them yet. Or I can tomorrow. 

I will give Phoenix Graphics a shout tomorrow and see what the word is.

On 9/29/2023 at 12:37 PM, eaglescout526 said:

Hmmm. I’ll see what I can do. I think I still have the emails from the guy who was gonna get it done. 

Sounds good, hopefully it is still on their radar. On another note, anyone see any reason why this hood wouldn't be a direct bolt on replacement for my 92 Comanche? Summit tells me it is incompatible. 

Screenshot_20231002-191204_Chrome.jpg

On 2/6/2022 at 3:03 PM, 88mjsally said:

No sorry, I broke every one I tried to pull out

On 6/5/2023 at 11:06 AM, Salvagedcircuit said:

What did you use to paint the wheels?

I ended up spraying my turbine wheels with Rust-Oleum 248929 High Performance clear Wheel Spray Paint. I think I'm going to regret that in a few weeks as I have a feeling the clear coat is not going to hold up to even road sand.

6 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

You’ll want 87-96. 84-86 are different in terms of how it latches closed. 

Copy, I assume 97-01 XJ hoods are incompatible as well?

1 hour ago, 89 MJ said:

97-01 hoods will work. Why do you need a hood?

My hood has so many dents in it from sitting under a pecan tree for years that I have consistently been quoted $1000 to have them removed via PDR. On top of that it has cracked and peeling paint.

My thought is that it would make sense to purchase a different hood that needs far less work, swap it onto the truck and then have it painted and blended into the quarter panels.

17 minutes ago, Jlindsey86 said:

My hood has so many dents in it from sitting under a pecan tree for years that I have consistently been quoted $1000 to have them removed via PDR. On top of that it has cracked and peeling paint.

My thought is that it would make sense to purchase a different hood that needs far less work, swap it onto the truck and then have it painted and blended into the quarter panels.

That makes enough sense to me!

8 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Oh easy. They need original graphics, either new, repro or a vehicle that still has them. 

I have the complete graphics on the truck but does that mean in front of them or like pictures with dimensions? I'm also wondering if they would make the proper 92 wave graphic. The one they make isn't quite original. I have that on a truck too.