Project “Tomahawk”

Picking up a 1990 MJ in the morning and just wanted to document the process of the next few years. It’s going to be a long time before I get around to working on it but looking forward to it eventually. 

Specs I know so far:

1990 Eliminator

Short Bed

4X4

AX15

Bucket seats

Full console

Slider rear window

Original Fog lights

No floor pan rust and only a couple of small rust spots on the passenger side rocker and rear fender. 
Original rear bumper! Lol, I won’t throw this one away

Once I grab the VIN I’ll get it registered. This will be a virtual build for quite a while. 

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like the idea of the Cummins. I’d love to be able to get decent fuel economy out of a Jeep for once also. Since it’s 90K original miles though and a very well optioned truck, I am also considering an all original restoration. Maybe fashion after one of these three:

FC550F04-C68B-4A36-B496-849059637ACA.jpeg

FEF46724-B592-40C1-A95F-47E5252C820D.jpeg

C8FB8D3F-9DDC-4B8E-979A-4D4850A32829.jpeg

So from all the pics I’ve been gathering, the eliminator should have body colored flares, grill and headlight bezels correct? Along with 10hole wheels with the rivets? Just getting all the details sorted out for an oem restoration with a few updates like the 97+ xj windshield trim. 

Yeah I like that clean factory optioned look. I’d use the boostwerks hidden winch setup though with the steering pillow bushing. I can fab that roll bar up easy enough if I don’t find a good used one. I got some oem fog lights already and will keep a keen eye out for a brush guard. I have a set of tow hooks also with brackets.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2021 at 11:02 PM, ghetdjc320 said:

I really like the idea of the Cummins. I’d love to be able to get decent fuel economy out of a Jeep for once also. Since it’s 90K original miles though and a very well optioned truck, I am also considering an all original restoration. Maybe fashion after one of these three:

FC550F04-C68B-4A36-B496-849059637ACA.jpeg

FEF46724-B592-40C1-A95F-47E5252C820D.jpeg

C8FB8D3F-9DDC-4B8E-979A-4D4850A32829.jpeg

Man, those rear window louvers look dope… did they ever produced them at all? I don’t think i’ve ever seen em

22 minutes ago, Skylynx said:

Man, those rear window louvers look dope… did they ever produced them at all? I don’t think i’ve ever seen em

They did. I haven’t seen too many of them come up for sale though. Those items are in the accessory guides for those years.

• ghetdjc320 changed the title to Project “Tomahawk”