Driver side tan bucket seat

Jeeper1093

I know that it's a long shot but I am looking for a Tan driver side bucket seat. I just bought an 86 2wd and the interior is great excpet for the driver seat and dash. If anyone has one, send me some pictures please. Here is what I have now. I know that the pictures are horrible but you all know what I need anyways.

Tan Driver Seat.jpg

Passenger seat.jpg

why does it look grey in the pic?  did they try to dye the covers for a two-tone look?

the covers can be swapped left and right with some minor mods. :L:  so technically you might be able to get away with buying XJ covers and swapping them on.

also, if it's not a full-on resto, that plastic fabric is a real pain to find in good shape, but the later years had cloth (assuming the colors all match which I'm not 100% on)

It may just be the lack of light. I took the pictures in the dark. I'll get better pics in the morning. There is a set of black seat covers behind the seats. I haven't looked at them yet. It's kind of a carmel color interior.

My guess is it's just faded. Look between the panels and you can see the original color of the vinyl.

But yes, that style of upholstery is very fragile, so the odds of finding a reasonably priced replacement are low unless you can find a NOS cover. The cloth version of those seats have very durable fabric. I'm sitting in one now as I type this.

10 hours ago, Jeeper1093 said:

I would agree that the cloth is more comfortable but the passenger seat is near perfect. I would no rule out cloth as long as I can find a matching set.

I think I have a matching cloth set in TAN. I will check tomorrow morning.