Hmm....

No Rebecca would shoot me. :roll:

do it! :D

I'd have to find some place to hide it. :brows:

We're already "overcrowded"

4 Jeeps

3 BMW's

And her Chevy Lumina

Plus 2 BMW's in storage out of state she doesn't even know about....

WOW! thats a lot of vehicles

Hmm....

4 Jeeps

3 BMW's

And her Chevy Lumina

What about your big arse air plane? Or did you sell that?

Hmm....

4 Jeeps

3 BMW's

And her Chevy Lumina

What about your big arse air plane? Or did you sell that?

Still got the warbirds...

LNF, not to get off topic, but what BMWs do you have? My DD is an 03 525i.

I've cut back a lot this past year with them...

Currently I have:

'90 325iS thats track prepped and serves as 50% DD duty.

'91 318i w/m5 motor (80% done).

'89 M3 with 2.5L Stroker and tons of Euro DTM goodies.

'88 325iT (one of 5 tourings in the US) (hidden in storage)

'95 M3 Race Car (sitting at Turner Motorsports as we speak getting worked on)

Within the last 12 months I've had these:

'91 325iS

bmw1.jpg

'89 325i (black one in the background is mine as well)

bmw2.jpg

'90 M3

bmw3.jpg

'89 325i

bmw4.jpg

'91 325iS

bmw5.jpg

'91 318i

bmw6.jpg

As you can see, I kinda have a thing for the E30's. I think over the past 8 years I've had about 25-30 of them. :oops: BMW's are defiantly my passion (not that I don't like Jeeps), but the E30's just have a special place in my heart. I've spent several years racing with BMWCCA and NASA. Also was one of the founding guys for the SpecE30 series. Gave up racing and driving instructing 3 years ago as I just had to much other stuff going on. :cry:

Very cool. That M3 is (was?) super hot. For me, I've always been a 5 fan. Loved the E34s, REALLY love the looks of E39s (mine), hated the E60s when they came out but they're growing on me.

I've been wanting to Shark Inject mine with Turner's unit, IYO is it worthwhile? I'd also like to do the AFE intake w/heatshield and since both of those are about the same $, not sure which one to do first. Eventually I'd do an exhaust but that's about it except for getting some 17s on there next spring when I'm due for rubber. I was hoping to get a 530 but mine was such a great deal and I needed it right away after a career change and no more company ride. The 2-5 is spirited enough for me when the tradeoff is 30mpg on road trips and 21mpg around town w/no trouble.

FYI, I bought my car from Greg Shaeffer at Mid Atlantic Motorwerkes in Harrisonburg, VA. www.midatlanticmotorwerkes.com, he does club racing also and has been fairly successful with it. You can see his M3s on their website. He just got signed to do 20 races next year with a stock car team out of Richmond after testing for them a few weeks ago. He wasn't really into the stock cars but it is a very successful team so he thought he'd give it a try.

Anyhoo, good to find another Bimmer/Jeep fanatic.

Greg

Very cool. That M3 is (was?) super hot. For me, I've always been a 5 fan. Loved the E34s, REALLY love the looks of E39s (mine), hated the E60s when they came out but they're growing on me.

I've been wanting to Shark Inject mine with Turner's unit, IYO is it worthwhile? I'd also like to do the AFE intake w/heatshield and since both of those are about the same $, not sure which one to do first. Eventually I'd do an exhaust but that's about it except for getting some 17s on there next spring when I'm due for rubber. I was hoping to get a 530 but mine was such a great deal and I needed it right away after a career change and no more company ride. The 2-5 is spirited enough for me when the tradeoff is 30mpg on road trips and 21mpg around town w/no trouble.

FYI, I bought my car from Greg Shaeffer at Mid Atlantic Motorwerkes in Harrisonburg, VA. www.midatlanticmotorwerkes.com, he does club racing also and has been fairly successful with it. You can see his M3s on their website. He just got signed to do 20 races next year with a stock car team out of Richmond after testing for them a few weeks ago. He wasn't really into the stock cars but it is a very successful team so he thought he'd give it a try.

Anyhoo, good to find another Bimmer/Jeep fanatic.

Greg

A chip is hands down the "best bang for the buck" mod available in my opinion. Also look into the Mark D chips, as I know Mark's got some sweat chips out now. I worked with Mark back in the day and ran a few of his chips and were very happy with the results. They at the time were about $100 cheaper than a TMS chip. I've got TMS chips in all my bim's now, and am very happy as well.

Greg Shaeffer, I'm pritty sure I can put a name with that face. I think he's friends with James Clay from Bimmerworld, and think I met him once while out at VIR.

i had no idea that you have/had that many beamers Adam :eek:

Yeah, it's kinda a bad addiction I have/had...

You tend to have a lot of cars when you used to own/run a BMW performance shop and race every weekend on a full fledged race team. :oops:

That's all in the past, oh the good old days of being single and working your arse off. Wait, I still seem to work my arse off but it's just not as fun as it used to be....

I hear you on the "remember whens". I used to race MX hard core, just for fun, in my 20s, just loved wrenching and competing. 2 kids and marriage changes all that, at least for awhile. But the wife is cool and hasn't given me a hard time on the MJ cuz she knows it gives me something to fill a personal need.

i had no idea that you have/had that many beamers Adam :eek:

Yeah, it's kinda a bad addiction I have/had...

You tend to have a lot of cars when you used to own/run a BMW performance shop and race every weekend on a full fledged race team. :oops:

That's all in the past, oh the good old days of being single and working your arse off. Wait, I still seem to work my arse off but it's just not as fun as it used to be....

its because your not single... :D

I am SOOOOOO tempted to score the "84" MJ (that's what they posted it as on Craig's list) for $200 and shoehorn in the '77 J10's AMC 360 4 bbl with the T5 I took from my '83 J10 and a NP208 from another rig!

I'd put that up against any Chebby powered rig any day! LOL!