1987 Pioneer part out

Jeeper1093

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More parts removed:

I have the windshield wiper motor and linkage removed. I tested it and it functions smoothly, $50

I have a lot of maroon intreior pieces. Some still need to be removed. $150 for all. As of right now I am keeping the center console

Windshield washer resevoir with working pump, $50

Comanche windshield wiper.jpg

Comanche int parts.jpg

Comanche misc parts.jpg

Comanche washer resevoir.jpg

Comanche misc parts 1.jpg

Hood has a couple of very small dings $50

Fenders are rust free. Pass side has a small bend, easily straightened. $50 each

Pass side door, complete $75

All 4 fender flares, no brackets, $50

Engine and transmission $100

SHE IS GOING TO SCRAP SOON. iF THERE IS SOMETHING THAT YOU WANT.....SPEAK UP!!!! LOL

this is where I typically cut for maximum rocker goodness.  I use a 12" blade and slice the front first in a horizontal cut, then curve it down once into the floor and run along the floor wherever it's easiest.  the rear is a bit tricky but with the bed out of the way it's muuuuch easier.  so if you're going to pull the bed, do it first.  :L:  I typically try to make use of the inner holes in the inside sheetmetal so as to cut the least.  but then I usually have a battery powered sawzall so efficiency matters out in a junkyard.  take note of the frame braces on the underside.  get the right angle and you can make use of those holes too. :D 

20210520_141909.jpg

bed has 8 bolts/nuts.  the ones through the crossmember are slightly different on the longbed vs short.  the gas tank J-bolts are attached to the frame, as is the ebrake bracket and tire crank mechanism.  given ideal circumstances, I can pull a bed in like 10 minutes, but it'll take you a bit longer since it's your first.  don't bother trying to slice off the bedside, it's waaaaay easier to unbolt it. 

881c8a86e870d0549335ddad9d9b5967.jpg

I seriously doubt this will happen, but on that latest longbed I pulled ONE single bed bolt was a different size socket.  I've pulled a couple dozen now and I had never experienced such a thing.  :fistshake2:  but I figured I'd pass that on, just in case.

oh, and occasionally the little plastic xmas tree from the bed shims is a little too close to the bolt/nut and you gotta get in there with a screwdriver to snap it off so the socket can get fully on there.  or I imagine you could just whack the sock/extension with a hammer.  that might crush it too.  it's just a tiny bit of plastic after all. 

oh, and cut the fuel fill hoses first. before dropping the tank.  I'm not sure how difficult that'll be when the smooshed bed, but I usually just get up there with that 12" sawzall blade.  and the wire harness is partially attached to the bed above the frame on the drivers side.

that particular skill is kinda important when you're crawling under a junkyard bed with all sorts of crap raining down on you as you hit the impact gun's trigger. :D 

when all is said and done, go to each corner of the bed and pull up so you know it's free.  then get a helper and both of you grab the flares (assuming they are still there) and you should be able to pick it up and slowly make your way to the rear of the truck.  it's likely it'll catch on some things as you go so be prepared.  If you have 4 people you can grab the corners and it's way easier because you can pick it up higher (plus half the weight of course). 

2 hours ago, Pete M said:

and I bet I could provide shipping for the door/fenders to someone in the midwest once I'm healed and can plan a drive north. 

I’ll go for the pass door and both front fenders if you are serious about this @Pete M. Make it easy on you to just bring them all to one place. No rush for me, I have plans for them but they will all be shelved for future use when those plans materialize. 

if you're using mechanical means, I recommend using straps on the inner anchor points of the bed and be sure to wrap them once around whatever steel is picking up the weight so it doesn't shift as easily.  (I've watched junkyards nearly ruin my beds because they didn't put any real effort into attaching the straps to the fork truck  :doh: )

Archived