Is anyone interested in buy replica roll bars?

USFSOFFICIAL

In looking for a comanche roll bar, I found that the factory roll bars are virtually impossible to find. I have the capability to fabricate, and some free time on my hands and was wondering how many people are interested in this sort of thing. Let me know, and I might post an email address for potential inquiries, Alright, have a goodaye! 

1 minute ago, Strokermjcomanche said:

I'm definitely interested depending on price and shipping etc. 

I have no clue on shipping, and I'll have to check tomorrow. I work at a hardware store, next to a recycle yard and a metal yard. Hopefully recycled metal will be cheaper, I'm hoping around 200$ for a raw unit (just welded and painted for shipping, not powder coated or anything), but id have to check with prices in my area. I'll get back to you tomorrow for an accurate estimate. 

if we're talking about a DIY style kit, it's probably even better if you can have the hoop in 2 pieces.  both for shipping, and manufacturing.  then you can make exactly 2 different things, a hoop half and a runner (keeping in mind that longbeds and shortbeds have different runner angles and lengths) and send each person a pair of hoop halves, and a pair of runners. 

the biggest hurdle is finding someone that can bend that big of pipe into the fairly complicated twists and turns. 

45 minutes ago, Pete M said:

if we're talking about a DIY style kit, it's probably even better if you can have the hoop in 2 pieces.  both for shipping, and manufacturing.  then you can make exactly 2 different things, a hoop half and a runner (keeping in mind that longbeds and shortbeds have different runner angles and lengths) and send each person a pair of hoop halves, and a pair of runners. 

the biggest hurdle is finding someone that can bend that big of pipe into the fairly complicated twists and turns. 

Thats a good idea, ill probably have a prefab one as well (if I do it).

And if it's profitable, because I can undercut the market, I might be able to purchase a bender. If not, I know some machinists who might be able to help me.

It looks like about 300 dollars, depending on the labour. I'll look to source a bender big enough, if not I can get a machine shop to get it done. I just need dimensions of at least the short bed (because the long bed is just an extra strut), all the adds for an original are no longer valid, so if anyone has the dimensions I could probably start soon. 

you might want to source a bar (even if it's just temporary) so you can get all the complicated measurements to get the curves close.  maybe lay the bar down on a big piece of cardboard or plywood to trace it out?  although I'm thinking old-school and I guess with a good enough image taken from far enough away to limit distortion, you could probably digitize it.  depends on how computer-oriented this process will be. 

• 1 month later...