well, 12hr days, 7 days a week has finally bit me...

rockhardzj

the ZJ is wrecked. see for yourself

-1.jpeg

list of damage:

tweaked unibody

possible/probable passenger control arms

missing trim

passenger outer knuckle (part where tie rod goes in cracked off the rest)

headlight fell out along with turn signal and parking light

both passenger tires popped, front pass rim bent...

cliffs notes of what happened:

work 12hr/days

work 7 days/wk

live 1/2hr from work

away from home for 15hrs/day

fatigue

guardrail

broked jeep.

yep, if you guessed i fell asleep behind the wheel, that is correct. i am going to bring up the 1/2hr drive to/from work is a saftey hazard when mixed with fatigue. if my jeep went over the guardrail, i would most likely have either been sereverly injured, or possibly killed from the 30ft drop to the rail road tracks below the bridge.

no other vehicles or people were involved in the accident, and i came out of it with nothing more then @#$%ed up tastes in my mouth from the air bag dust. that crap smells too.... oh, and i got a ticket for failure to control vehicle, only because i took out 15 yard s of guardrail, which is state property...

Glad to see you survived and you rig did so to speak.

I can't tell you how many ppl where I work at have done the same thing. Unfortunately your insurance is going to have to pay a claim, which means your insurance will be going up. This is irregardless if you are convicted of the traffic violation.

On a side note. We had a guy take out 50 foot of concrete guardrail (over a small creek) his insurance company got billed over 250K he had more then standard insurance, but not enough to cover it, and the state is garnishing his wages till he pays off the balance :eek:

WOW!!!!!! Good thing those four little letters were on the hood, and not some piece of tinfoil ricer........

BTW, if someone 'took out' 50' of concrete guardrail it either was faulty to begin with, he was driving something LARGE or extremely fast. Steel reinforced Bridge deck rail is some very heavy stuff. A couple of my customers make precase bridge decks. I saw hoist sling snap and drop a section of deck rail onto a trailer, and the trailer deck collapse under the impact..

yea, i didnt feel any fear last night, it was more or less a what the hell just happened, getting stunned by it.

jeep got assessed today, and i got 5600/damage, not including the suspension work, and its valued at 6300 blue book excellent condition.

I should have more pics tomorrow

oh, and i left my damn eggs on the dashboard... I really wanted my scrambled eggs today....

been there --- many yrs ago I had been working hrs like you and one day went home ill, got 15 miles from work blacked out, struck the concrete barrier in the center of the interstate, went back across four lanes of traffic struck the guardrail comming to a stop. didn't hit any other vehicles and a CHP officer was in the lead of the pack behind me. I woke up in an ambulance on the way to the hospital, the officer stated it took em 40 mins to get me out of the car. very little damage, the doors were locked :brows: other than a crumpled fender and two fractured vertibrae all was ok.

The guard rail the guy took out was the coral style.. you know the kind with a post every 5' or so and the side are around 12"or 18" square. Very little rebar in it at all. He was driving a mid to late 90's ford, and was traveling around 55-60. I wish I still had pics of the truck.. the drivers front tire was about at the middle of the door :eek:

Glad you are still with us brotherman...

I work 10 hour days, 1 hour drive each way. Luckily, we only work 4 days. THough when things get hectic there are more days and more hours. Though, they try really hard to get us 8 hours between shifts.

Part of my daily drive is mountain pass, and lots of twisty road. Not to mention idiot drivers and some thinking they are speed racer. Oh yeah. Deer too.

Glad you are OK, a Jeep can be fixed/replaced... :cheers: