questions about my new-to-me MJ in Poland

Thanks for support with shocks , you can see them already mounted on pic above. 

Now I got questions about rubber bushings which need to be cut , can I buy new one from cherokee , remove old one from LCA of WJ and put it there ? Are those parts are the same ?

I will avoid cut which my melt the gum. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LCA cut like advised , new coil isolators mounted , springs sides exchanged and mounted and I got the problem.

Both wheels out, stabilizer disconnected, upper arms are on position and connected (I haven't touch them) , steering rod also connected (not touched)

It look like front axle moved on driver side in and passenger out of body and I can't mount LCA it's too short or too long depends of side and shifted out of mounting.

How to properly do install procedure in this situation. 

Bottle jack or something familiar not helping :D

Maybe if i will put wheels again and lay the car on ground , things will return to normal I would be able to mount LCA, please advise - I've already did it now both sides are shifted in cabin direction same on both sides and looks like LCA are to long to mount them . 

unnamed (4).jpg

I had similar issues with my axle when I replaced my control arms also.  I managed to get mine lined up with the ratchet strap and a 2 meter steel pry bar.  Having some help from a friend would likely help.  I didn't have one.  It will fit.  I think it's recommended to do just one at a time.  Good luck.

Thanks for advises those solutions above are great !!!

I was thinking to do like on movie below : loosen track bar , steering,  upper arms , then center all and put in again.

If steering is tighten and track bar, can I do force solution ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi finally I have managed to put those arms, tires fit perfect.

Now car is driving and soon i'm starting repair the body damage and paint the car.

I will need your help here again, I need to use new taillights those from doge dakota are not available here, can somebody help with buying the pair of it or know the shop with international shipments ?

The same with "sport truck"  decals on sides .

Thanks in advance

2 hours ago, Pete M said:

Dakota taillights don't fit anyways. :(  Do you have any taillights at all?  or are yours just broken?

Can the OP take a pic of his taillights? I might see if I can spare a set. Also, the AX-15 and NV3550 will replace the BA10/5. I believe they do make a 2wd AX-15. Then again, a 4WD with a transfer case would work, just no drive shaft to the front axle. 

If new lenses will be available  soon, I could try use 3d scanner and 3d printer to make this black part "lamp body".

Than try to make mirror reflection , my printer can handle 25 cm objects only , I will measure old lamp and inform you about the progress. 

5 hours ago, EagleEar said:

If new lenses will be available  soon, I could try use 3d scanner and 3d printer to make this black part "lamp body".

Than try to make mirror reflection , my printer can handle 25 cm objects only , I will measure old lamp and inform you about the progress. 

I think I have an driver's side spare. My others are in pairs. I think you could repair the passenger side. I'll have to look at what I can  spare and what prices with shipping.  Probably $60 for the drivers and $140 for a set. Shipping was $20 to CO for a set. So, I'd think to Poland at least double that. 

8 hours ago, EagleEar said:

there are important passive reflectors inside the housing that are not print-able so be sure to take that into account.  :L: 

Probably $60 for the drivers and $140 for a set. Shipping was $20 to CO for a set. So, I'd think to Poland at least double that. 

Do you know when Key parts may release lenses ? 

Because if this will happen like 1-2 month than its better to buy driver side only in other case I will take a pair .

4 hours ago, EagleEar said:

Do you know when Key parts may release lenses ? 

Because if this will happen like 1-2 month than its better to buy driver side only in other case I will take a pair .

I do not know when Key part will sell taillights. I think just the driver's side would do you. It looks like you could repair the passenger side with some of the taillight repair tape. 

1 hour ago, 75sv1 said:

taillight repair tape. 

I have just checked this on youtube , I see that tape for a first time and you are right it will work.

Please check the shipment to Poland of driver side lamp and write me on priv with details for payment.

shipping is going to be so much that I would buy both tails.  that way you have a spare housing to practice on when it comes time to removing the old lens to glue on the new lens. :L:  

On 7/9/2021 at 12:20 PM, EagleEar said:

I have just checked this on youtube , I see that tape for a first time and you are right it will work.

Please check the shipment to Poland of driver side lamp and write me on priv with details for payment.

PM me your shipping address. It will probably be this coming Saturday for me to get to the Post Office. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello , I was out of MJ rebuild because job issues , now I'm coming back and I hope soon I could show you further steps.

Please advise if there are available some repair kits / panels to short bed ?

Maybe cherokee XJ parts after some modification could be helpful :

IMG_3522.JPG.a886635840feefea9b7e471065497f85.jpg

Jeep-Cherokee-Xj-1984-2001-Rear-Wing-Repair-Panel.jpg