Lost in space-time continuum

For 6 months, I could not find the keys to my Comanche.

Last night I watched a video posted by Bubba, (the young man who bought my Jeep Cherokee Chief), that was when it struck me!

Maybe my keys are on its keyring.
Well guess what, they are.

Bubba is going to send them back to me, with UPS, 2 day ship ;)

I would love to find new AMC key blanks! 

Anyone have a source?

UPDATE: my (on holiday keys), found their way home from Marysville, TN on Saturday May 29th, 2021. ;)

20210526_130634.jpg

20210530_182129.jpg

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

I'm assuming that 91-92 are the same profiles.

Yep!  Just has the Chrysler logo.  Although ally sources say the Chrysler keys were used 88-92 as soon as Chrysler bought AMC out, so I don't Know why these are listed the way they are.

Also they were in stock when I posted them, so I would bet that OP snagged them haha

I was told a while back that Jesser's Classic Keys bough a whole storage unit full of AMC and Chrysler Jeep blanks so I think they'll be trickling them out for a long time, albeit at a pretty steep price.

19 minutes ago, RestoringNV said:

If my tumblers in my ignition or worn out, will its original key profile match a new set of tumblers?

It'll be very tight, but after a while they usually wear together and work well once the sharp edges on the new key smoothen up.  Make sure to lubricate the lock cylinder with some dry lock lubricant.

On 5/28/2021 at 5:09 PM, 54bobby said:

i almost sprung for these but i got reigned in by the wife. something about i still have both sets the truck came with.

Oh boy, she tamed this Wild Stallion... lmao!