Speaker Questions

Now this isn't anything that I'm going to doing anytime soon but i still have some questions about it to see if it'd even work. i plan on re doing all my speakers and radio and adding a sub. one thing that I think would be cool to do is get some marine tower speakers and put them on my roll bar and wire a switch in somehow to turn them off when I don't need them. anything I've seen on doing this is very confusing anyone know how this would be possible to do? 

Being basically a troglodyte, I'd be inclined to go back to basics. Do you need the interior speakers to operate at the same time as the exteriors, or will it be one or t'other?

If it's either/or, it's simple. Each speaker has two wires. Two double-pole, double-throw toggle switches, one for each side.

No reason you can't switch a set of speakers. The easiest way would be to do as Eagle says - run each pair of speaker wires through a switch that goes to the cab speakers one way and the tower speakers the other way. Just make sure the switch you use is rated to the power output of the amplifier.

Being basically a troglodyte, I'd be inclined to go back to basics. Do you need the interior speakers to operate at the same time as the exteriors, or will it be one or t'other?

If it's either/or, it's simple. Each speaker has two wires. Two double-pole, double-throw toggle switches, one for each side.

It could be a one or another thing. Most Lilkley what I would do

You will need to pay attention to the impedance of the speakers you're using versus what the amp is rated for (I am assuming and strongly suggesting you're going to be doing this with some kind of amplifier rather than just the headunit alone). If you're going to do this in an either/or way, probably no problem, but if there is any situation where cab and tower speakers are running at the same time, you'll need to be careful.

I use speaker selector switches all the time in home and commercial audio. My question would be how you plan to power them. Will they be running off the head unit or a separate amp? Anything else on that amp?
Plan on maybe doing a small sub in the truck and I would be using a amplifier