The Shopping Container

On 4/23/2021 at 8:59 PM, Jesse J said:

Got the conex that is here already moved back about 15 feet so we have room to maneuver. we took the bottle jack dug a hole then put three inch pipe under then and gave it a tug with the tundra. worked a treat. also here's what the backyard looks like right now and a close approximation of where the shop is going. That shed is going and the hot tub is moving

IMG-1238.jpg

IMG-1239.jpg

that view though

more gravel shoveling yesterday night afterschool to kinda keep the mud situation up the hill to a minimum kinda like a driveway. I have shoveled 2 1/2 tons of gravel. also my dad and little sis picked up come masonry for all the equipment. I am off to my moms tonight and for the week so they will get a start on that tonight.

IMG-1260.JPG

IMG-1258.JPG

Lots of work this weekend. Got the shop torn down with a come along and a chain. dude with an excavotor came and dug the concrete out and dug the footings out. and took down our internet cable and then tried to charge us for it and was just an asshat in general. uggh contractors:headpop:. got the hot tub moved onto some blocks that was later leveled. hopefully in a month from now there will be conex boxes sitting there! don't have pictures of what it looks like right now these are just random pictures

IMG-1270.JPG

IMG-1269.JPG

IMG-1267.JPG

IMG-1272.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

well all the wiring is done except for rocky mountain power to come put the power through the conduit which turns out we put the wrong conduit in so we had to re do that with the right stuff. They got the footings poured and the dude is forming up the walls right now hopefully we get mud soon there is something of a shortage locally and nationally so sometimes he gets concrete sometimes he doesn't. He also offered me a job working concrete over the summer he over saw all the concrete at the hospital that just went up and now is doing his own thing and he says he pays 18 dollars an hour no experience. It would be a sweet summer gig and am definetly going to do everything in my power to get that job. He is also backfilling everything for free because we paid for a pump and they didnt use one when they poured the footings. 

19 hours ago, Jesse J said:

well all the wiring is done except for rocky mountain power to come put the power through the conduit which turns out we put the wrong conduit in so we had to re do that with the right stuff. They got the footings poured and the dude is forming up the walls right now hopefully we get mud soon there is something of a shortage locally and nationally so sometimes he gets concrete sometimes he doesn't. He also offered me a job working concrete over the summer he over saw all the concrete at the hospital that just went up and now is doing his own thing and he says he pays 18 dollars an hour no experience. It would be a sweet summer gig and am definetly going to do everything in my power to get that job. He is also backfilling everything for free because we paid for a pump and they didnt use one when they poured the footings. 

FYI. New/inexperienced guy on a Crete crew is NOT an easy job. Depending on how the boss and crew operate it can be a very physical job. don't think its just pour and sit back to watch it dry.

3 hours ago, watchamakalit said:

FYI. New/inexperienced guy on a Crete crew is NOT an easy job. Depending on how the boss and crew operate it can be a very physical job. don't think its just pour and sit back to watch it dry.

oh yeah I know that for sure won't be easy. Thanks though Id be super stoked if I get it though

24 minutes ago, Jesse J said:

oh yeah I know that for sure won't be easy. Thanks though Id be super stoked if I get it though

I hope I didnt sound like I was trying to talk you out of it. I enjoy a little mud work from time to time. Its a good skill to have in the bag.

6 hours ago, watchamakalit said:

I hope I didnt sound like I was trying to talk you out of it. I enjoy a little mud work from time to time. Its a good skill to have in the bag.

no worries I didn't think you where I helped him finish up the form work this morning mostly pinch nailing everything and getting things buttoned up and he said if I want a job I should come to a pour hes doing Wednesday :banana:. No mud today but we have guaranteed concrete for Thursday 

well dan decided to be a fool and not fill the electrical trench because "I am not an electrician" what an asshat and I am not working for him anymore and he is fired. But we got a skid steer for 4 days and I got pretty good at driving it today and got it all backfilled graded out and the hill smoothed out. We found 2 high cube 20' 1 trip boxes very good conditioj and one is coming tonight rocky mountain is also coming to get the line buried and a new pole in

IMG-1570.JPG

IMG-1571.JPG

IMG-1569.JPG

IMG-1568.JPG

big development today on the shop in the sweltering heat it was 95 today. So rocky mountain got all the power figured out last night and the first new box was shipped. Today started at 6:30 and ended at 8. Got a bunch of weed trees in my neighbors knocked down for him. Then the fourty footer and the twenty footer got here then we went up north to pick up some steel from sheet steel and plate fabrication got a truck drove it back where 4 yards of gravel was delivered and the crane got there 30 minutes later because they had an opening. It took only 40 minutes to get all the boxes set. Then the crane left and I took the skid steer and knocked the gravel down. My dad backed up the gooseneck with about 2 inches between the old blue conex and the new one very impressive especially considering there wasnt enough room to pull forward and it was blind. And we got all the steel unloaded a mixture of core 10 (weathering steel) for the walls of the high bay and the fence. and just normal carbon. The core ten will just surface rust and won't be shiny like it is in the pictures

IMG-1596.JPG

IMG-1595.JPG

IMG-1594.JPG

IMG-1591.JPG

IMG-1592.JPG

IMG-1590.JPG

IMG-1589.JPG

IMG-1588.JPG

IMG-1587.JPG

IMG-1585.JPG

IMG-1600.JPG

IMG-1601.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Got the boxes sqaured and leveled. Got them bolted down so they don't go anywhere. We got all of the fence up except for the 15' gate which is all welded up by yours truly. we need to pick up some angle iron for the v groove wheels. We also got the big pad poured ad 2 landings for doors. and a little chunk for the 15' gate to roll on. The gates are super beefy I like the pins my dad designed and I got some good welding practice in. The sheeting is weathering super well and is looking great. We are going to start getting the steel built. The big pad we where going to strike a wet line in for the control joints and they would look like the sidewalk ones and so I said that would suck to use a creeper or a floor jack on can we saw cut them? and so we did and in a week or two we can fill those up with some caulk once the pad has cracked. We are also debating polishing the slab. I think it would be nice. we also got the backyard looking a little less redneck and cleaned up which is super nice

IMG-1762.JPG

IMG-1763.JPG

IMG-1760.JPG

IMG-1758.JPG

IMG-1761.JPG

IMG-1756.JPG

IMG-1755.JPG

IMG-1754.JPG