MOPAR 83100066 ckp harness

Hey all, it's been a while! My trucks been running funky and in the process of diagnosis going back and forth from different shops, one of them hit me with this curveball as a possible issue.. I do have up to 5ohms of resistance between the ecu connector and the ckp (cps, but for the sake of how MOPAR words stuff I'm sticking with ckp) connector. That's definitely beyond acceptable. After research I found the "MOPAR 83100066 ckp harness kit" and threads referencing it as well as the TSB. However its been long discontinued and no where to be found. 

Finally to get to the question, 
What style pins does the harness use? I.E. what connector pins are used in the ECU connector? I have the pin removal tools, but I can not for the life of me find what pins are used in order to build a new harness bypassing the C101 essentially identical to the MOPAR ckp sensor harness kit. I figured I'd ask the Jeep wizards among the forum. Thanks guys! 

20191216_143429_HDR.jpg

I'm pretty sure I have that kit downstairs, if you haven't gotten any responses by the time I get home this evening I'll try to dig it out and at least take a picture of it
That would be amazing sir! I'd greatly appreciate that!

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

FYI, IIRC 83100063 is also a CPS patch harness. and they may well be interchangeable with the 066. 
I tried punching the 063 into the interchange at O'reillys but no cross reference and not finding anything on google for the 063 pn

There is one harness kit left but Chrysler wants a premium on it. 
Do you have a source or location? I called a local dealer we deal with through our commercial line at O'Reillys and wasn't able to find anything either.

Just now, IronManche87 said:

Do you have a source or location? I called a local dealer we deal with through our commercial line at O'Reillys and wasn't able to find anything either.

Well, see that’s that’s the problem. Most dealers don’t want to help with NOS parts and most employees won’t go the length to get it for you either. Which is where I come in for us all. A dealer in NY shows to have it on there shelf. But list price is $156 on it if you go after it yourself. 

Shoot me a PM and we can talk more about it if you’d like. 

2 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

Well, see that’s that’s the problem. Most dealers don’t want to help with NOS parts and most employees won’t go the length to get it for you either. Which is where I come in for us all. A dealer in NY shows to have it on there shelf. But list price is $156 on it if you go after it yourself. 

You are so right! I will look up anything and give people part numbers and the dealerships phone numbers that have them. I'm guessing I'm one of the few that will go that far. Standard industry answer is that's discontinued good luck. And that is sad!

3 minutes ago, JMO413 said:

You are so right! I will look up anything and give people part numbers and the dealerships phone numbers that have them. I'm guessing I'm one of the few that will go that far. Standard industry answer is that's discontinued good luck. And that is sad!

Lol pretty much and I hate it cause they teach us to go that extra mile with the customer but they don’t say anything about what to do with a discontinued part when a customer calls. My wholesale guys ask me about the older Jeep parts when those guys call to see if I have it or not in my stash. 

14 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Lol pretty much and I hate it cause they teach us to go that extra mile with the customer but they don’t say anything about what to do with a discontinued part when a customer calls. My wholesale guys ask me about the older Jeep parts when those guys call to see if I have it or not in my stash.

There's really not allot you can do in all reality. Discontinued is the end for a normal parts search. IMHO

After that it's really a specialty search. That is where it's no longer profitable for the dealership. This is where people like you and I really enjoy the hunt. Most people just give up or make something work.

Just now, JMO413 said:

There's really not allot you can do in all reality. Discontinued is the end for a normal parts search. IMHO

After that it's really a specialty search. That is where it's no longer profitable for the dealership. This is where people like you and I really enjoy the hunt. Most people just give up or make something work.

Agreed and now that I think about it, I think it boils down to the warranty aspect of the parts life. If it’s the last one and it’s faulty, there’s not much you can do for the customer and that makes sense to me why they don’t go the extra mile for everyone. I did that once for a guy who brought his Aspen in the shop and everything was discontinued for the TBI but a dealer had the plug which no one, not even me, could find the plug for. 

2 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Agreed and now that I think about it, I think it boils down to the warranty aspect of the parts life. If it’s the last one and it’s faulty, there’s not much you can do for the customer and that makes sense to me why they don’t go the extra mile for everyone. I did that once for a guy who brought his Aspen in the shop and everything was discontinued for the TBI but a dealer had the plug which no one, not even me, could find the plug for. 

Never thought about that but very true. I also believe that's the difference between a person who works at a parts counter and a parts guy.

36 minutes ago, JMO413 said:

Never thought about that but very true. I also believe that's the difference between a person who works at a parts counter and a parts guy.

Yeah it just came to me as I was walking to my MJ to go home. I think it is because I ordered some vintage AC parts from Vintage and one of the counter guys commented about my NOS serp belt which honestly doesnt bother me, I have a few as back ups, and he said vintage parts don't have a warranty and I think that stuck to me.

Agreed. Same with a hobbyist and an enthusiast.

This is pretty much where he left me "my e-catalog doesn't give me any info on it and I can't source it since it's discontinued". Didn't say "let me do some digging and I'll get back to you" as I would dealing with a part a customer needs that isn't in my system. I appreciate that sir!

062 was the other number!! I missed it by 1!! I can't remember the actual difference. IIRC 066 was for auto trans and 062 for manual trans. Just had to be something simple like length. 

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=83100062&atb=v191-1&ia=web
Cruiser wins again! I hit the link and clicked on ebay and found exactly the 062 for a steal! Let's just see if I can get it! I will still be doing some more research on those pins to see if I can make up a batch for folks since there's nada hardly floating around. We'll see. I can't even begin to say how much I love this forum and glad to be apart of such an amazing community. Every time I need help with my truck or xj I've always come straight here to scrounge through topics and links and you guys always prove to be the most abundant wealth of knowledge. Ever. Like y'all are incredible! If I can manage to make some harnesses I will be posting them here for other people either wanting them or having crank issues. It'll be a "you pay shipping if you can, donate a few bucks to Pete maybe buys some stickers or club merch" kinda thing. You guys always help me so much I'd like to try and contribute in at least some sort of way! Thank you again everyone!

I bought the $14 one right away.
I 100% don't blame you! I saw $44.95 and I ordered it in such a hurry, I accidentally used my old work address as the shipping address.. It's been a while since I've ordered off ebay.. Lol