Window seals

Well I guess your looking for all the seals. For the door seals either go Mopar or get a set of 97+ XJ seals. The later models have a far superior seal. Aftermarket seals have generally very loose quality fit. The ones I had did not have the holes in the weatherstripping to release the air when the door closes. The pinch seam trim was also too thick and trim wouldn’t fit correctly. Picked up some oem seals and it’s night and day difference.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my seals, run channel and door weatherstripping today. I tried to put the channel in and I couldn't get if to work till I pulled the front piece of glass then it was easy. On another note just got a call from the tranny shop to rebuild my AX-15 and transfer case they want $3300. I'm thinking I'm going to get a tranny off eBay. thoughts?

The transmission is stupid simple, don't be afraid of it!  I just did mine.  The factory rebuild manual is very easy to follow and there are many video guides if you get lost. :holdwrench:

Worst case scenario, $200 AX15 kit, $150 transfer case kit, $150 shop press + bearing separator

$500 flat.  So much better than a $2k-3k rebuilt unit, and you get the added bonus of bragging about it when people ask about your truck.  That's why we have Comanches, right?:roflmao:

1 hour ago, MontanaManche said:

Novak even sells a brand new ax-15 for about 1600, no way it should cost that much.

:yeahthat:  @Renoenvy08 Your shop is nuts. 
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/add-26-ax15

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/jeep,1991,cherokee,4.0l+l6,1180055,transmission-manual,manual+transmission+assembly,8672

A youtube presenter has a tear-apart and rebuild of an AX15 

I followed this to open up an AX15.

There is also Robinsonautomotive on youtube where he breaks down and rebuilds an AX15.  This one is a little slower and the lighting is not as good.