Marble sound in transmission, kills engine in neutral. Where should I start looking?[1989 Jeep Comanche 4.0L]

1 minute ago, AZJeff said:

The Torx bit was developed by The Camcar division of Textron.  It’s design is similar to that of a gear tooth (technically it’s an “involute spline”) and it spreads the fastener driving force over a larger area.

The MAIN advantage is that the tools used to drive Torx fasteners last MUCH longer in a production line environment.   

So now you know....😉

huh cool. seems weird to me it's only the top 2 bolts if it's so great

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Jesse J said:

huh cool. seems weird to me it's only the top 2 bolts if it's so great

I cannot explain why Jeep only used in selective places on th bell housing.

However, the use on fenders, door hinges/strikers, etc. is obviously driven by those production line factors.

Well turns put old transmission has a problem in the gearbox. I'm not sure what. The vent hose was completely gone and there were bits of gravel (and an oil covered penny) by the shifter housing. Could be possible a rock or something could have worked its way into the gear box. I will check into that later. On the "new" ba/10 I went through all the gears and they seem fine. I'm going to finish the install tomorrow morning. I have a new clutch kit to put on while I'm down there.

On 4/4/2021 at 9:58 PM, JustEmptyEveryPocket said:

If it gives you any issues, let me know.

Got her put in on sunday. It moves lol. Shifter even seems more responsive than the sloppy ba10 i pulled out. Thanks again man. Now I just gotta wait for my new harmonic balancer to come in. The rubber is coming out and I'm pretty sure the pulley is scratching the timing cover.

Now I just have to change valve cover gasket, harmonic balancer, oil pressure switch (hopefully its not the guage lol), blower motor, oil and filter change, and then minor cosmetic stuff. Hopefully another $200 or so she will be road ready lol