New project multiple questions

Hey everyone, so I finally bought a battery so I could dive into the motor and electrical and have a few questions.  Background, its an 89 Pioneer, 4.0 with the Puegeot trans, found it off on facebook from a guy who was nice and seemed pretty legit and honest about the truck.  Wasn't running when I got it and he told me it probably needed a new clutch but they got it running at his shop off of an alternate fuel source.  Ive owned a few different cherokees in the past but they were all HO so this is my first dive into the Renix system.

So far have installed new clutch (waiting on new hydraulic line for the master), rear main, CPS, new fuel tank, pump and filter, alternator.  Current state I do have the interior removed and the dash is out but I have the gauge cluster plugged in.  So here's my list of questions....

-  The motor will turn over but for some reason the fuel pump is not pumping anything.  I put a few gallons in it and I can hear the pump turning on when I turn the ignition on, but nothing is pumping when I try to crank it.  Is there a sensor that could cause this issue?

-  I put a new speedo cable in but it seems that I might be missing a clip or something on the dash cluster?  Could anyone snap a pic of theirs?

-  When I put the clutch in, there was some sort of tube that plugs into the top of the trans next to the shifter, but the other end was just hanging under the truck when I got it, not sure where this goes or what it does.

-  Theres some sort of possible vacuum type thing on the front axle passenger side and I have no idea what it does?  Don't remember this being on any of my other Cherokees that I had.  It rotates about 90 degrees and has a bracket attached to the back of the axle.

-  The throttle body looks to have been replaced but not sure if the TPS is the right one, it has two plugs coming off of it.  Just wanted to make sure its the right one.  

I've searched but couldn't find what I was looking for.  Humbly asking for any help here and it would be much appreciated.  I've always wanted an MJ and this truck is going to be with me for the forseeable future so I'm willing to put some money into it.  Thanks for looking!

PXL_20210315_234551128.jpg

PXL_20210315_234529051.jpg

54 minutes ago, jeepmjga said:

I put a new speedo cable in but it seems that I might be missing a clip or something on the dash cluster?  Could anyone snap a pic of theirs?

which style of cluster do you have the pre 87 or post 87, if its pre theres a metal clip and the cable will not have any clips, if its post the clip is on the cable itself

55 minutes ago, jeepmjga said:

When I put the clutch in, there was some sort of tube that plugs into the top of the trans next to the shifter, but the other end was just hanging under the truck when I got it, not sure where this goes or what it does

looks like the trans vent hose, it should go on the passenger side bell housing attached to a bolt, if not just stick it high

56 minutes ago, jeepmjga said:

Theres some sort of possible vacuum type thing on the front axle passenger side and I have no idea what it does?  Don't remember this being on any of my other Cherokees that I had.  It rotates about 90 degrees and has a bracket attached to the back of the axle.

search CAD, also the link in petes signature for master project has ways of deleting it, chrysler did so around 93/94 IIRC

58 minutes ago, jeepmjga said:

The throttle body looks to have been replaced but not sure if the TPS is the right one, it has two plugs coming off of it.  Just wanted to make sure its the right one.  

that be correct. the rectangle one should be plugged in the square one was for the auto trans

When I put the clutch in, there was some sort of tube that plugs into the top of the trans next to the shifter, but the other end was just hanging under the truck when I got it, not sure where this goes or what it does.

I think this is just a breather tube if these pics are what you mean

20210308_085850.jpg

20210308_085825.jpg

TPS is for an auto trans. No worries. 

Do the CAD delete. Pull the fuel pump out. Check/replace the hose.

Visit www.cruiser54.com and complete Tips 1 through 5. There's a bunch of other easy stuff to do on the site, but it can wait til the Jeep starts and runs. 

Power to the pump - when I turn the ignition on I can hear/feel it turn on but as far as when actually cranking the motor I can't tell.  My next step was to pull the lines off the pump at the tank and see.  Also I should mention I put 3 gallons in it, I assumed that would be enough to at least get it cranked.

Edit: Its a US Motor Works pump from Rock Auto

I guess in my haste I just had the bigger hose on the fuel pump not pushed down on the tube far enough maybe or something?  Just wiggled them a little and it started working.  Checked for leaks while running and we are all good.  Now its on to clean up the mess of vacuum lines in the engine bay and then on to cruisers tips!

RENIX VACUUM HARNESSES

Vac harness 7151367

The vacuum harness that attaches to the front of the valve cover and includes the grommet/fitting, and is called the front harness, is Napa part number BK 715-1367 or is a Dorman 46003.

Vac harness 7151366

The vacuum harness that is closest to the air cleaner, EGR etc, and is called the rear harness, is Napa part number BK 715-1366 or is a Dorman 46004.

Vac harness 7151365

The tube from the rear of the valve cover to the intake manifold is part number BK 715-1365 or Dorman 46005 and comes with the valve cover grommet.

The Throttle Body to MAP hose is no longer available. Click HERE to access a fix for that.

Vac Diagram 4.0 Renix