4.0hp world record

ftpiercecracker1

I think this has already been talked about, but I could not find the thread.

My question is how in the fudge did the HP jump from 350 to 750 just from a turbo? From my research and understanding a good turbo set up usually gains an additional 100hp. 100hp gain is pretty impressive, but these guys jumped 400hp with just 15-17psi of boost. Am missing something or is this BS?

pretty sure that's a stroker motor and has a custom intake and fuel injection.  the psi may be reasonable, but the turbo and the intake can push a large amount of air and the custom injection can apparently match it. :L: 

It's also easy to bump up horsepower numbers by moving the torque curve up the RPM band.

Put in a big cam with opened up intake and exhaust ports and you move the torque curve up quite a bit.

17 pounds of boost on a stock engine won't push you much over 300 HP.  But bore and stroke it, big cam, ported heads, bigger valves, and boost will get you there.

• 3 months later...

Keith built a NA stroker for my TJ project and will be building a stroker for the Eliminator Resto-mod project.  Considering a stroker/turbo setup with a modern 5spd/6spd behind it. Still working out the details.   Here's a few links of my engine on the dyno.

The HP to engine displacement is well within reach. Here are significant design limitations with the 4.0 but 700+ HP has been done on stock stroke engines. I think something like a mini stroker (232 crank) with pretty much a square bore to stroke ratio could probably do phenomenal with forced induction. A flow through head with overhead cam though would completely modernize the 4.0. 

5 hours ago, LokiKai said:

Keith built a NA stroker for my TJ project and will be building a stroker for the Eliminator Resto-mod project.  Considering a stroker/turbo setup with a modern 5spd/6spd behind it. Still working out the details.   Here's a few links of my engine on the dyno.

I see a Clifford intake on that engine :crazy:

2 hours ago, ghetdjc320 said:

That's one of the real tragedies of the automotive world. "Back in the day," when Jack Clifford himself was alive and running the company, there was no better equipment for 4- and 6-cylinder engines than Clifford Performance and Research. Then Jack retired and sold the company to one of his employees, who proceeded to thoroughly trash the reputation Jack had worked so hard to build.

2 hours ago, Eagle said:

That's one of the real tragedies of the automotive world. "Back in the day," when Jack Clifford himself was alive and running the company, there was no better equipment for 4- and 6-cylinder engines than Clifford Performance and Research. Then Jack retired and sold the company to one of his employees, who proceeded to thoroughly trash the reputation Jack had worked so hard to build.

No kidding. I bought several of their products over the years and things went majorly downhill over that time. Imho Hesco isn’t far behind them either. They just aren’t really in the game anymore

Clifford, 505 performance and Hesco are all on my “never again” list. 

On 5/12/2021 at 9:42 PM, ghetdjc320 said:

Used for dyno shake down only.  Ported/modified FI intake will be used with "tuned" oem engine management, custom coil setup, and modified banks header.  Delayed new garage construction has a FEW of my projects on hold.  Newcomer is an outstanding fabricator/R&D builder and has developed some very nice components for these engines.