Gauge cluster swap

I am wanting to swap my basic gauge cluster that is in my 89 comanche. I have 2 gauge clusters  that are out of 90 model cherokees with rpm,oil , temp etc. My comanchee is a 2.5 4 cylinder and the cherokee has a 4.0 inline 6. My question is, will the gauge cluster from the 6 cylinder cherokee swap in to my 4 cylinder Comanche without to much trouble?

It will directly swap. You will need to remove the tach from the housing and adjust it to match the actual RPMs of the engine. It’s best to have nickintimes REM to get the tach reading to the right pulses. I want to say moving the potentiometer to the right is for 4 cyl but it still needs to be adjusted as I thought moving it all the way to one direction would read right but it read like a 3 cyl. So it’ll take a few trial and errors to get it to read right. 

8 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

It will directly swap. You will need to remove the tach from the housing and adjust it to match the actual RPMs of the engine. It’s best to have nickintimes REM to get the tach reading to the right pulses. I want to say moving the potentiometer to the right is for 4 cyl but it still needs to be adjusted as I thought moving it all the way to one direction would read right but it read like a 3 cyl. So it’ll take a few trial and errors to get it to read right. 

Thanks for that information, that's what I needed to know.

If your current cluster has dummy lights, you will also need to replace the sending units, the ones from the Cherokee you got the cluster from would work.

There use to be some write ups floating around the web with good pics for calibrating the tachometer, you might be able to find them, but either way it's not too difficult as long as you have some way of reading rpm.