LWB sticker?

1 minute ago, eaglescout526 said:

There’s lots of unofficial MJ decals that dealers could slap on to help the sales of the MJ back in the day. Course this was during the AMC era mostly and not the Chrysler era. 

Jesse's is an 87, so it was very much AMC still, I think you are probably on to something here.

13 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

Jesse's is an 87, so it was very much AMC still, I think you are probably on to something here.

I only say this not just out of pure speculation but sometimes there’s the case of a dealer putting on pin striping or custom decals as stated by the tint guy here at the dealer. Like I had the shop whom I still need to get ahold of for the “Comanche” windshield decal ask if there was a Dodge Durango RT decal package and there wasn’t any I ended up telling the guy it was probably a dealer thing which is possible. 

2 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Are you referring to the early 4.0’s without the adaptor thingy? 

On my 89 4.0 the oil filter stuck up so when you removed it, it poured oil down the side of the motor.

1 minute ago, eaglescout526 said:

Ah. Makes sense. You could always remove the adapter and have it set up like a 2.5L. But I don’t know much about that area of the 4.0. 

A 96 4.0 also fixed the problem. LOL

:hijack:

41 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

A 96 4.0 also fixed the problem. LOL

:hijack:

Until the O ring gives up and you need to get a T60 torx on the adapter bolt with enough leverage to break the red locktite free. 

Oh, and there isn't enough space to get a socket with a breaker bar on it.  You have to disassemble the T60 socket, put a long box end wrench on that, and then add a breaker bar over the end of the wrench.

1 hour ago, 89 MJ said:

That's an understatement. Next time you are working on your truck, take a look at how the oil filter goes on. Its real special.

Considering how other cars are made especially newer ones that’s nothing to complain about.  it’s still easy to get too. 
working on these things even with the Renix setup is relatively easy. :laugh:

8 minutes ago, Fernando87mj said:

Considering how other cars are made especially newer ones that’s nothing to complain about.  it’s still easy to get too. 
working on these things even with the Renix setup is relatively easy. :laugh:

tell me about it jeez. I changed the oil on m dads 5th gen 4runner and I needed to take of 3 plates on the bottom to get to the filter