Rear slider window

23 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Currently installed on my truck. I have no complaints other than the latch might wear out and the slider felt pops out. 

Any pictures of it? My back windows gotta come out sooner then later for rust and I'd like to get a slider that actually has glass and not plexiglass 

2 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

Check my build thread. I have a camper shell on now and can’t exactly get pics of it. All I can say is there is more glass than factory and it sticks out maybe a millimeter or 2 further than the recessed factory glass. 

I'm guessing this is it. Almost looks like a single pain slider in the pic so I can't tell really. Also does the window come that dark?

Screenshot_20201118-155004_Chrome.jpg

19 minutes ago, Smokeyyank said:

I had a CR on my old MJ. I would say the fit is OK, not great but not terrible. Biggest complaint was the gap between the window and the body. It does not install flush but some silicone would probably be fine. 

thats what i saw on some amazon comments. i would be having it professional installed so i don't get any leaks. about how big was the gap though?

5 hours ago, Muncher said:

thats what i saw on some amazon comments. i would be having it professional installed so i don't get any leaks. about how big was the gap though?

Atleast a 1/4 and more in other spots. More mainly because the frame was a little tweaked from storage/moving over the years. I had professionally done as well, but they even said it will never sit flush without a gasket. What Limey posted is pretty much in line with what to expect. 

5 minutes ago, Smokeyyank said:

Atleast a 1/4 and more in other spots. More mainly because the frame was a little tweaked from storage/moving over the years. I had professionally done as well, but they even said it will never sit flush without a gasket. What Limey posted is pretty much in line with what to expect. 

maybe if my old one is good i could just end up using that one 

14 minutes ago, Muncher said:

maybe if my old one is good i could just end up using that one 

Gasket? If so it won't fit. The CR has a metal "gasket" that sticks out further than stock if that makes sense. Be too much to fit with the CR and the gasket.  Only way it would work is to cut the outter facing piece off and then glue it down. Could be done, but youd have to take your time and do it right. Otherwise it would just look weird and wavy IMHO. 

On 11/18/2020 at 1:46 PM, eaglescout526 said:

Check my build thread. I have a camper shell on now and can’t exactly get pics of it. All I can say is there is more glass than factory and it sticks out maybe a millimeter or 2 further than the recessed factory glass. 

Considering that the factory rear windows only have a "frame" on the top and bottom, and the glass runs full-width and seals directly to the body on the ends, I don't think it's possible for any aftermarket slider to have more glass than the factory unit.

On 11/18/2020 at 5:25 PM, eaglescout526 said:

What’s bad is my father and I installed mine and it gaps at about the corners of the window but we put in plenty of silicone to prevent leaks. 

That's because the factory rear window -- fixed or slider -- is curved glass. ALL the aftermarket sliders are flat glass, so they can't possibly fit properly all the way around.

4 minutes ago, Eagle said:

I don't think it's possible for any aftermarket slider to have more glass than the factory unit.

You would think but I swear there is more glass on the CRLawrence glass than the factory. One way I was able to tell was where the window meets the headliner. The headliner has that bit of overhang to meet with the factory glass frame from what I remember before replacing my glass(again still regret it) and before the camper and louver I was always able to see the back of my headliner in the window. And yes I do know the factory glass is curved to match the curve of the cab. I remember seeing a post on it wayyy before this one came up.

On 11/19/2020 at 8:14 PM, eaglescout526 said:

You would think but I swear there is more glass on the CRLawrence glass than the factory. One way I was able to tell was where the window meets the headliner. The headliner has that bit of overhang to meet with the factory glass frame from what I remember before replacing my glass(again still regret it) and before the camper and louver I was always able to see the back of my headliner in the window. And yes I do know the factory glass is curved to match the curve of the cab. I remember seeing a post on it wayyy before this one came up.

I would agree. The factory unit has a much wider frame

On the subject of how much glass is in both, the CR Laurence does have more glass. Presumable because the glass doesn't have to fit into the recess. It also has a much larger opening. Side to side measurements are edge of glass to edge of glass.

PXL_20201128_134651715.jpg.c9355486d3ca667e9600cedb2a904b0b.jpg

PXL_20201128_134550870.jpg.55ecff7352963cb3883c5d1ae2836493.jpg

PXL_20201128_134701576.jpg.445e7cfb945e0e2cbe34de83f8639950.jpg

PXL_20201128_134907793.jpg.3e949bc87263ba7c2ce3101c8cce4d9f.jpg

PXL_20201128_134741795.jpg.9ac59b9e864b6992f287004e359884a8.jpg

PXL_20201128_134729238.jpg.989e749099019d7ccf213621e0271465.jpg