Cutting lowers off of bed sides

Anyone have some good side shots of a short bed with the lower panel cut off the bed? I found a couple on pirate, one of which looks pretty good but its small and from an angle.

I picked up a different bed for my kids 90 and the top 3/4 of it are pretty decent - most of what is below the top of the buldge is messed up.

Something like this: (Pic taken from pirate thread)

build15.jpg

Hey man get a good picture of your hood .. Did you stamp louvers in it, or is those things some sort of scoop??

They are LaBarron hood vents. I have them in several of my rigs.

-"Lead_"I always have a set of vents for sale"_Follow

Do you have some to part with. I would be intersted if so. Drop me a PM with a price shipped to 29152 if you do. Thanks alot

Cole

Yeah, what's the point unless the lowers are rotted to extinction? I'd rather replace the bedsides. Don't they flap around in the breeze or are they anchored somehow?

Mine were rusted through, and the PO had smashed them pretty well. I didnt want to deal with replacing them...only to have them dented up again. I have already put a dent in the bottom of the lip, so if the whole bottom was there...it would be a mess!

And no, they don't flap. I don't have them anchored either...I guess its just the way they are.

The bed I have is smashed pretty badly on the lower parts. I'm not willing to spend a whole lot of time repairing it and from the pictures I've seen it doesn't look too bad with the lowers cut off. Once I get a couple other projects done I'll drag the extra bed back to the shop and see what I can do with it.

Hey man get a good picture of your hood .. Did you stamp louvers in it, or is those things some sort of scoop??

They are LaBarron hood vents. I have them in several of my rigs.

-"Lead_"I always have a set of vents for sale"_Follow

Yeah I searched the thread you had about your build up. To bad for me; I started from the last page and I think you put them on in the 2nd or 3rd page..........

What price do you sale 'em for? pm me + shipping to28139 ,,blah,blah,blah...

Think you could do a "how you did them" thread???

And sorry to the OP for the Hi-jack......arrrrr nutkick.gif

as long as you don't get up into the fender the bedsides should not flap around, there's a pinch seam right there where the inside of the box, the wheelhouse and the bedsides are held together.

That's all the attachment that my bedsides had, and why I had to fix the pinch seam when I cut my wheelwells too far.

• 11 years later...

Anyone still active in this post? Curious if anyone has replaced the lower of bedsides or even all the lower body area like photos shown with steel square tubing or anything like that? Thinking of doing to mine since mine are pretty banged up from previous owner aswell.

There hasn't been any activity in this thread for TWELVE YEARS. That should answer your question.

My question would be, once you cut the quarter panels and/or bedsides open, how are you going to close them up again?