FF Dynamics triple 10 fans kit

Just wanted to post here about my experience with the FF Dynamics triple 10 fan kit. I’ve had the kit for 2 years. The fans work well but are a bit on the noisy side. They are sealed and have a lifetime warranty. Their specs show better than most spal fans. Current draw is supposed to be 5a each but that doesn’t tell you at what voltage. They include an “adjustable” fan controller that has some serious shortcomings though. First of all, it only handles 30a and these fans pull right at that on startup. Second, the controller only has a single on/off temp. So when temp is close to the startup temp it will cycle on/off frequently and really puts a heavy load on the electrical. My controller fuse holder (which is only 14awg) melted A few months back and now the whole controller is shot. I’ll be replacing it with a painless 60a controller with a 10degree sweep between on and off positions. The FF dynamics controller is junk and there customer support seems to never really understand the issue so it will likely continue. Perhaps this belongs in the pub section but hopefully I can save someone the trouble of buying and using that controller. 

@EUREKA That does look similar. I believe dirt bound off-road makes a triple 10 shroud that you can install your own fans on. Perhaps their shroud and some tried and true Spal fans and quality controller that can handle the load should work well. I am a bit dubious in the FF dynamics fan output claim. I have a feeling they are estimating the current draw and cfm at  14.5v or so under ideal circumstances.

Also, Mishimoto has a setup. I have the Dirtbound part. I have not bought the Spal fans yet. I did buy a Spal 10" fan that is 1100 CFM. It does not fit the Dirtbound frame. I'll be looking into putting 3 of them with out a frame down the line. They are thicker, so there might not be space to clear the A'C bracket pulley.

19 hours ago, MiNi Beast said:

I heard similar stories and decided to just do my own thing. 1 pusher and stock puller run same time keeps my temps handled. Thanks for the follow-up though,  much appreciated. 👍 

I just finished installing this set up and it works wonders. Truck gets up to 210 and when I turn on the fans (5 min later) its in the 180 range

Just now, ghetdjc320 said:

What size pusher did you run? Looking for something I could put in front of my condenser

I ran a 10" fan. wired both fans(pusher and factor puller) to a 50amp realy, to a manual switch to turn on and off when I want.

I don't have a condenser but have the trans cooler in same place. Pusher is mounted on front side and pushes air through rad and cooler and the stock pulls air through the engine bay side. With this setup I have found it nice as when have no natural Air flow from driving i can still move air on the trail. Also mines set up with switch to turn on or off as needed. Hit a water hole i kill them, driving down highway i kill them, not that i need to as they shut off as needed. And with that I can leave it switched on once parked on trail and they can still work as needed. 

Biggest concern some argue is a good shroud to contain and direct the air flow. Fan shrouds make it more efficient for sure. I like the triple kits just not the price. And shop around as i have seen my same fan for half as much and double what I paid. I paid 60 new at local 4x4 shop. And I didn't want to pay that either but needed to be done that weekend for a trip plus I was installing a new radiator at same time so made sense to do it then.