1999 Cherokee

There's only a couple things I wanna do to it at the moment. 

It basically needs springs all the way around, the rears are sagging pretty good.Probably put some new shocks on it,  The previous owner must've put brakes all the way around on it recently because they look like brand new .Being that it's 2wd i'd also like  to convert it to 4wd , and that's basically it.The paint isn't great in a couple areas, maybe touch it up a bit or just leave it alone.

Ordered some rear springs, planning on installing them tomorrow. Also noticed the valve cover leaking , probably because the steel sleeves are missing . While I was looking around I happened to notice an American flag decal and a heat tab on one of the freezeplugs , it's a Jasper engine!! It's definitely clean inside and explains why everything is in good shape. 

IMG_1872.JPG

800 bucks and a reman engine inside?!  :bowdown:

I spent my whole life until just a few months ago never ever experiencing a junkyard having a sale.  now I get texts from the U-wrench north of Atlanta and occasionally leave with half-off entire drivetrains. :D   it's a glorious feeling!  

1 hour ago, Strokermjcomanche said:

Ordered some rear springs, planning on installing them tomorrow. Also noticed the valve cover leaking , probably because the steel sleeves are missing . While I was looking around I happened to notice an American flag decal and a heat tab on one of the freezeplugs , it's a Jasper engine!! It's definitely clean inside and explains why everything is in good shape. 

IMG_1872.JPG

Well that makes it an even better find.

6 hours ago, Pete M said:

800 bucks and a reman engine inside?!  :bowdown:

I spent my whole life until just a few months ago never ever experiencing a junkyard having a sale.  now I get texts from the U-wrench north of Atlanta and occasionally leave with half-off entire drivetrains. :D   it's a glorious feeling!  

It was perfect timing , I was looking elsewhere for parts to convert to 4wd until this happened. 

I would have scooped that up in a heartbeat as well.

8 hours ago, Strokermjcomanche said:

IMG_1872.JPG

How on earth did you get your springs so fast? I ordered my leaf springs 3 weeks ago and Ive been told at least another 3 weeks before they get shipped.

4 hours ago, saveevryjp1998 said:

I would have scooped that up in a heartbeat as well.

How on earth did you get your springs so fast? I ordered my leaf springs 3 weeks ago and Ive been told at least another 3 weeks before they get shipped.

O'Reillys had them in stock, just had to store transfer them. They were the dorman ones 929-301 . 

Summit racing is about 40 minutes away from me, they had a Mopar replacement spring for $147 

45 minutes ago, Strokermjcomanche said:

Transmission and tcase are in , 4wd shifter /linkage installed as well . Still need to install front axle and locate driveshafts . All the yards around me bend the driveshafts when picking them up with the loader ... aggravating!! 

Dang that's some progress 4 sure!