wind's 88

ok i mentioned the mj in the boneyard by my house and i wanted to buy it... $400 it runs and has a title. all all it needs is a rear end...the wife said i am not getting it period... its her or the truck .....hmmm tough one!

man i wish i could say that... she thinks cars are appliances. and she thinks that i'm silly for wanting one of these "ugly" pickup trucks. she said i have one that is enough. her stance is if i don't "need"it, then there is no point in having it.

here is my wife's idea for her 89

nice 3in lift kit ;)

stock engine :oops:

and change the paint scheme to hot camo pink metallic :cry:

And i told her that there is no way in on this planet that i would drive it and she stated that was the idea.

• 1 month later...

Ok well, i just changed my insurance to 21st and they insured the manche along with my other 2 for $400 less than what i was paying progressive. so that being said the first half or making my truck road legal is done..... now, if i can just get it to pass inspection we are good to go then the ball can really get rolling here! i have a couple lines on a bed. two people on the forum have beds and i found one in a boneyard near me from florida ...it just has one dent.

• 2 weeks later...
hey how much of a P.I.T.A is it to change the pass side front fender????? what is involved?

involved?

you'll need a torque set.

remove header panel (8 bolts, you'll need to take off the headlight bezels. 2 bolts on each side, and 4 on the header panel assembly).

4 torque bolts on the front, somewhere around that many on the top, and 2 o n the bottom by the rocker panel, and 1 or 2 up front of the fender flare on the bottom. you may have to drill the bottom ones out. not sure which size torque it is.

don't forget to remove your antenna from the fender too...a crescant wrench will take the antenna off, and same for the base. reinstall the base on the new fender before hooking it up. if you needed a new antenna, now is the time to do it.

the inner fender, pop all the plastic snap-bolt things out, and you should be able to pull the fender with flare intact out. however, if you're changing the fender you'll need the flare anyways so get the correct socket and remove the 9 bolts on the inside of the fender that hold the flare on, and the 2 on the bottom that hold the flare to the front air deflector

reinstall is opposite.

get the correct socket and remove the 9 bolts on the inside of the fender that hold the flare on, and the 2 on the bottom that hold the flare to the front air deflector.

Should have read, "get the correct socket and try to remove the 9 bolts without snapping them off".

I haven't done one yet that at least half of them snapped right off.

:wrench:

hey guys i was thinking for a color... desert camo ...not the splotched kind..but like a humvee would be painted...then instead of putting the comanche badges back on the side ... do a military font stencil. but would the desert camo work with the red interior?

hey guys i was thinking for a color... desert camo ...not the splotched kind..but like a humvee would be painted...then instead of putting the comanche badges back on the side ... do a military font stencil. but would the desert camo work with the red interior?

nope, then you'd need black or tan interior