Entry step, rock slider choices and recommendations???

With the install of the lift to my truck I have noticed that I tend to lean on the side of the seat entering and exiting.  I know what this will eventually do to a seat and wish to prevent as much future damage as possible.  Also my 5' 3" wife has a difficult time entering.  So I am looking at entry step options.  My truck will likely never see more than the occasional very mild trail driving. So rocker protection isn't my priority, but I do like the look and think they would compliment the truck well.  I have considered building my own set but am curious to see what is out there and what everyone has/recomends.  I don't want a running board look from an 80s van, I would prefer something that will blend in with the mild wheeler look I am building towards. So that said whatcha got?

On 6/26/2020 at 10:00 AM, fiatslug87 said:

JCR makes some but fitment is not good, I think Dirtbound's round tube seems small at 1.5". I would go with Krusty's.

I agree that the JCR sliders fitment leaves room for improvement. I have a set and they required a lot of modification for a “bolt on” slider. Would go a different route if I were to do it again.

1 hour ago, Ls2xjcomanche said:

I agree that the JCR sliders fitment leaves room for improvement. I have a set and they required a lot of modification for a “bolt on” slider. Would go a different route if I were to do it again.

Did yours stick out a good 2 inches more in the aft than the front? I never installed them because of how crappy they fit..

I have the JCR ones and had to shim the rear about 3/4" to make them even. Also their pinch seam strap extends the whole distance but the pinch seam on the truck steps out about 1 1/2 inches at the rear and has corrugations so it does not sit flat.

12 hours ago, PFCLeist said:

Did yours stick out a good 2 inches more in the aft than the front? I never installed them because of how crappy they fit..

Don’t think it’s 2” but they definitely aren’t even to the truck. 

1 hour ago, fiatslug87 said:

I have the JCR ones and had to shim the rear about 3/4" to make them even. Also their pinch seam strap extends the whole distance but the pinch seam on the truck steps out about 1 1/2 inches at the rear and has corrugations so it does not sit flat.

Didn’t think to shim them wish I had done that now.