Draining Full Gas Tank

So a little while ago my fuel pump decided to go out on me, not really a huge issue but i filled up my tank all the way probably 20 miles before hand. Anyone know the best way to drain the gas tank safely? I tried siphoning it but i think there is some sort of anti siphon valve. Can i drain from the line with the fuel filter?

I did this once in a similar situation. Buy the cheapest in-line fuel pump you can get and hook it up before the fuel filter. Then hook up power to it and let it go. On a sidenote can you check to see if there’s anything in the filler tube that might make the fuel spill over when the tank is getting filled.

You just need a section of small hose long enough to reach the bottom of the tank and into a gas can.  Then place a larger section of hose into the fuel filler area, doesn't have to go into the actual nozzle hole, just where the cap covers up.  Then use a rag to tightly plug any extra airgap around the filler next and take a deep breath and blow real hard for a couple seconds into the larger hose, may take a couple times but your siphon will start. Compressed air works even better, just need enough pressure to get the fuel moving.

Or get a cheap hand operated siphon pump from Walmart or the auto parts store.

To stop the siphon, pull the hose up out of the gas in the tank.  With a full tank you will need to fill a gas can a couple times, put the extra gas into another vehicle, I'm sure you could find a friend who would be willing to help you dispose of the gas.

2 hours ago, Jaime said:

filler tube that might make the fuel spill over when the tank is getting filled.

You too huh? I went through every piece attached and replaced some pieces to the tank and came up empty handed. Mostly what I came up with is watch the pump and know the volume that goes in your tank and listen for the nozzle to start sounding like it is filling up a cup or bottle to the top.

2 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

You too huh? I went through every piece attached and replaced some pieces to the tank and came up empty handed. Mostly what I came up with is watch the pump and know the volume that goes in your tank and listen for the nozzle to start sounding like it is filling up a cup or bottle to the top.

I have found that not inserting the nozzle fully seems to help with this problem, put it about 3/4 of the way in and I rarely have the issue anymore.  I did it the way you describe for quite a long time, kind of annoying.

1 minute ago, Dzimm said:

put it about 3/4 of the way in and I rarely have the issue anymore

Ive done that too with some success. I still have to catch it at the right moment though. I have another theory but I don't think it will solve the problem.

Anyways I do have this topic posted somewhere if we do want to continue this without hijacking this thread.

3 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Ive done that too with some success. I still have to catch it at the right moment though. I have another theory but I don't think it will solve the problem.

Anyways I do have this topic posted somewhere if we do want to continue this without hijacking this thread.

Good call