NOS Hood - $100 - Seattle, WA

40 minutes ago, Strokermjcomanche said:

I don't know if I consider that  new old stock being that it's an aftermarket hood.I bought some aftermarket hood's before that don't fit right and also don't have that same quality that the originals do 

Good to know. Might be a newb question, but how do you tell if parts are aftermarket or OEM?  

Generally there would be either a Pentastar logo, part number or both. Even the box would have something to do with Mopar or AMC. But when picking up an aftermarket body part like the light bezels or even sheet metal, you can feel and tell it is aftermarket or cheaply made.

Might be just me but when I hold an OEM part, it feels...right.

Yeah, the aftermarket panels just don’t fit right and they often are lacking items that OEM panels have, example - supports for structure and thickness of steel. 

I had an aftermarket hood on my ‘90 that a PO put on there. It moved in the wind when the truck went down the road and it had a horrible tin can effect when it got sprayed by a pressure washer... it went to the scrap pile a long time ago :)

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, cquinnball said:

Forgive the stupid question, does a 97-01 hood fit a Comanche without replacing the fenders or header?  Thank you.

yes. :L:  the hood didn't change when the fascia and fenders did.