playing w\my camera -dialup beware

akamcbird

many dogs of arctic decent have issues with the sun and mine is no differant each cange of season brings doggy eyedrops but he has gotten realy good about it over the years(he'll be 8 on jan 1) his vet is very suprized that it gets better as quick as it does but sais its proly due to his wolf bloodline.

proly malimute judging by the tail curl

Smokeys either got a full curl (malimute) or hangs it streight down (wolf).he is very energetic when he is in play mode but most the time he is catlike in his lazzyness most people guess his age at under 3 years.

don't pay much attention but it got dark about 7:30 tonight

gets kinda depressing if you keep track...but ask me when were gaining light and ill include seconds

I'm trying to catch the most beautiful shot of these mountains so i don't kik myself years later **this (these) is the vew from my living room**here is one from last winter

rite...you guys are getting sick of that tree...i understand

fishing south and 4x north anchorage is a big town in landmass and amenities but offers a small town feel...kinda

plenty of space for wheelin just nothing formal, terms like "tread lightly" are nonexistant as there arnt realy any trails (trails that see more than one or two sets of tires a year anyway) and there is much area that is very hard to traverse, tundra (marshy pete bog) that swallows 44s whole

ak even has its own class of off road vehicle dubbed the moose buggie, built light and stout with no less than 44" tractor tires (there is a very large but isolated farming comunity) cuz at 20-40 degrees below zero the words "trail fix" sen shudders for miles

and plenty of work to go around if you don't pu$$y out mid winter

hahaha

i've been to alaska once when i was 12 iirc, we have some relatives in anchorage.

it was awesome, mid-july but the most snow i've ever seen :brows:

us GA boys don't see much of that there white sterf. ( :roll: )

i'd LOVE to go back bald eagles and moose everywhere we looked.

eagles...every day in abundance.

moose every winter all winter, had a few bulls stay in the neighborhood 2-3 weeks last xmas i don't even keep track as they walk through my yard every day. bears are of bigger concern, blackbears show up for trash every few weeks and there is always a strey dog to chase them off brown bears on the other hand don't show up in town much but when they do it takes more than the sreys

(my mom lives about 20 houses down the street and around the corner this shot is one i took from there of the house directly across the street it backs onto the same military land that is behind mine)

just got more snow or resnowed, a low cloud covered my hills for 2 days and left me with this

and here is one taken last spring off the Seward Hwy (1hour south of Anchorage)

ok I'm done for now

Definitely husky in my older dog. :D We need to regulate his time outside, but that's no biggie. He's pushing 13 and can still do a 5+ mile walk. jamminz.gif (stairs are a whole 'nuther issue)

Mix some black into his back and make his coat wirey and you have a look-a-like of our dog.