2WD to 4x4 conversion

Hey guys I’m new to the forum and I’m not sure I understand how to use it I tried looking this up but the first like 10 pages don’t show what I’m looking for and I got too lazy to keep scrolling so apologize for that. 
i picked up a 89 Comanche about a month ago it’s got the 4.0 with the ax15 it’s 2 wheel drive and so far I’ve picked up a Dana 30 at a local junk yard I’m wanting to know what else I will need I’m having trouble finding an AX15 that’s 4x4 or will my transmission work? I’ve found a 231 transfer case and I know I’ll need the linkage and drive shaft? Am I missing anything or is there a better way or what way would you do it? 
All opinions are welcome I should also mention this is my very 1st Jeep and I’ve only had about a month of research so tips and tricks are welcome.i forgot to mention my blinkers won’t work with my lights on?? I’ve changed the 2 front sockets and the rear passenger and when I push the blinker button with the lights on my hazards come on???? 

55CA47C4-C4D5-4642-998F-AD3D376A1E74.jpeg

07AB3142-1446-44F3-BA4B-A081728FE0A3.jpeg

6C7E6705-9C2E-438A-8060-71BA6D012871.jpeg

Edited by Woody_405
Forgot to mention important information

Welcome to the community.

This is a great place to start:
http://cruiser54.com/

As far as the 4wd goes, you will need a 4wd trans, tcaseand shift linkage, driveshaft, plus a few interior parts.

My build: https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https://comancheclub.com/topic/8033-finally-found-onenow-it-has-a-new-floor/&share_tid=8033&share_fid=53169&share_type=t

Welcome!  That's a nice looking truck. 

Watchamakalit hit the nail on the head.

Definitely start with Cruiser's tips.  More than likely your blinker issue will be solved after completing them.  My bet is it is the ground behind the driver's taillight.

Welcome to the club! Very nice looking truck you have there. As stated above work through cruisers tips first. This will save you allot of time later. 

I have found using Google and adding Comanche club to the search works great. ( Jeep Comanche 2wd to 4wd swap Comanche club) this will take you to a few swaps. There's quite a few.

I would also add your truck specifications to you signature. It will help with questions.

Welcome to the addiction!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/12/2020 at 5:17 AM, Woody_405 said:

Hey guys I’m new to the forum and I’m not sure I understand how to use it I tried looking this up but the first like 10 pages don’t show what I’m looking for and I got too lazy to keep scrolling so apologize for that. 
i picked up a 89 Comanche about a month ago it’s got the 4.0 with the ax15 it’s 2 wheel drive and so far I’ve picked up a Dana 30 at a local junk yard I’m wanting to know what else I will need I’m having trouble finding an AX15 that’s 4x4 or will my transmission work? I’ve found a 231 transfer case and I know I’ll need the linkage and drive shaft? Am I missing anything or is there a better way or what way would you do it? 
All opinions are welcome I should also mention this is my very 1st Jeep and I’ve only had about a month of research so tips and tricks are welcome.i forgot to mention my blinkers won’t work with my lights on?? I’ve changed the 2 front sockets and the rear passenger and when I push the blinker button with the lights on my hazards come on???? 

55CA47C4-C4D5-4642-998F-AD3D376A1E74.jpeg

07AB3142-1446-44F3-BA4B-A081728FE0A3.jpeg

6C7E6705-9C2E-438A-8060-71BA6D012871.jpeg

Looks so good! What Wheels & Tires, Brand & Size are these?