Finally bought an MJ. Build thread.

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I’d update. My good friend is retiring from auto repair business. Doesn’t want to stay abreast of the ever increasing computerization of cars and continue to invest in upgrading the diagnostics required to properly work on cars. So he sold his business. I’m forever grateful that he allowed me to park my MJ at his shop and use any tool that he had to work on it. I can’t express what it meant to at least be able to go THERE and work on my truck during COVID shut downs as well as some personal issues. Kept me going thru some pretty dark times and gave me reason to smile. As a result I’ve had to move my project to another location. Weather has finally began to be more hospitable so not a catastrophe. Finally took the old factory pioneer stripes off and the Bushwhacker fender flares. Fixed my rear window latch.

Will be installing the notch custom flares shortly. I wish they (NC) would consider making a driver side rear flare that’s more compatible with the long bed. Had to cut it and will be refiberglassing to clear fuel filler door. Will get those installed and then install the rock sliders. 
After that,  depending on what seems more important, AC or installing 4wd transmission and transfer case. 

DD1743D6-26C3-449B-84BE-7952AF358000.jpeg

A45965F6-F710-428D-8D8E-9FA43274D32A.jpeg

99308B64-3659-4B31-971E-73007B8EFF5D.jpeg

The rain and schedule has kinda put a damper on my fender project.

As mentioned and shown previously I’ve already mounted these once on the first truck...at least the fronts. Began working on installing them onto the white truck. This time, I am taking my time. The Bushwackers are a much more straightforward install. If you like that look, then I would highly recommend them. Installing he Notch Customs flares is a much more labor intensive option unless fit and finish aren’t your priority. I’m spending a little more time contouring these to the body so the fit is nice and tight. To my eye, no other fender flare even comes close in terms of look so for me, the extra work is worth it. Moar pics soon...

2691448E-AA12-4BA5-B4B4-B50867ABEF13.jpeg

9ED3F87C-A8B4-46F7-8E82-515DF1048B73.jpeg

1 minute ago, Pete M said:

oohhhhh, that notch around the gas door would drive me nuts.  I think I'd almost rather slice the door in half. :( 

Probably just shave that corner off