Broken Airbox

So it looks like my airbox has a broken hose connector, can anyone tell me what normally connects here? I can't find any loose hoses, but it seems like the previous owner just did whatever it took to make things work. Also if anyone has any leads on an airbox, I have been having trouble finding a replacement. 20191119_091306.jpg.eea01c1efaf71327ff6ce8a4f1e329cd.jpg

20191119_091321.jpg

20191119_091314.jpg

4 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Actually that front broken piece is supposed to have a line that connects to that and goes to the evap canister. Mine was broken for forever until I found a new Renix lid. 

there should be a hard plastic line that routes under/behind washer bottle and behind vac. booster and hooks to charcoal canister at carb/bowl fitting

Thanks for the tip on the black glue stick yxmj, how well do they hold up to the hot engine bay?

It looks like my evap canister has been removed by the previous owner and the tube just vents into the engine bay, looks like they jammed the small orifice into the tube.

I have noticed that the gas tank either has vacuum or pressure after a short drive to the gas station down the road. So maybe that tube is blocked.

I just replaced the gas tank (full of rust) and cleared the vents.

Anyone know if there is some aftermarket evap that will work? Or is it not a big deal to not have one and I should just epoxy over that broken port on the air box? 20191121_194140.jpg.70f9c46c687d55d348810a1b4a835b8b.jpg

I have never had a problem withe the glue stick.....but it is a good question as there are 2 types...low temp and high temp....the low temp usually come in the smaller size and are for small "Hobby" guns.

The ones I get are high temp and have a melting point close to the plastics used in the air-box......so if your under hood temps get to the point that your air-box is melting.....maybe there are other issues to address first :dunno: