Turbine wheels powder coated

schardein

31 minutes ago, rylee144 said:

How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking? They look great!

I had these 5 wheels done, and two sets of Jeep CJ sway bars done in black (2 sway bars, 4 frame mounts, 4 bushing loops)= $400.  I used Springfield Powder Coating in Ozark, MO.  This was my 3rd batch of parts I've taken there.  Mark (the owner) says the wheels have a lifetime guarantee on the finish, if they ever peel or flake, bring them back and have them redone for free.

Some other work they've done:

IMG_3578.jpg

IMG_4181.jpg

IMG_4177.jpg

34 minutes ago, krustyballer16 said:

Yep. We use it for a grain bin company that we powder for. can't remember what we call it I had the turbines on my blue truck, that I think I met you in when you got your hitch, done in a similar but better looking color called sport silver.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

What did you like better about the other color?

• 3 years later...

I haven't used them yet.  My life is pretty busy, and my MJ project (4x4 conversion) and CJ5 project (frame off restomod with LS) haven't seen any notable progress.  I hope to get work done on both in the near future, and was confident enough in that to get some new rubber for the wheels... maybe?  Seriously considering having another set of Turbines I have polished by a local shop, and using those on the MJ, and using the powder coated ones on my XJ. 

IMG_8968.jpeg

• 2 months later...
On 12/5/2022 at 10:32 AM, schardein said:

I haven't used them yet.  My life is pretty busy, and my MJ project (4x4 conversion) and CJ5 project (frame off restomod with LS) haven't seen any notable progress.  I hope to get work done on both in the near future, and was confident enough in that to get some new rubber for the wheels... maybe?  Seriously considering having another set of Turbines I have polished by a local shop, and using those on the MJ, and using the powder coated ones on my XJ. 

IMG_8968.jpeg

Mine were so badly pitted that polishing wasn't going to turn out well.   I took them to a wheel restoration that turned the originally polished surfaces down in a wheel lathe.    The 4 steps were that they media blasted them, painted them silver, turned the polished surfaces down in a lathe and then clear coated them.    I've had sets done for my MJ & XJ and they've held up well (2 - 3 yrs.). 

20-09-27 8.JPG

20-10-23 2.JPG

3 hours ago, PCO6 said:

Mine were so badly pitted that polishing wasn't going to turn out well.   I took them to a wheel restoration that turned the originally polished surfaces down in a wheel lathe.    The 4 steps were that they media blasted them, painted them silver, turned the polished surfaces down in a lathe and then clear coated them.    I've had sets done for my MJ & XJ and they've held up well (2 - 3 yrs.). 

Do you have contact info for the wheel restoration company?

27 minutes ago, schardein said:

Do you have contact info for the wheel restoration company?

The company I used was Carcone's Auto Recycling and Wheel Refinishing.  Unfortunately they are located in Aurora, Ontario (45 minutes north of Toronto) which may not be practical for you.   I wouldn't be surprised if they ship to the US but it might put the price out of range for you.

I paid $125 CDN (about $95 USD) per wheel which is line with powder coating costs.  It took about a week.   Funny thing was that they almost insisted that they install and balance the tires (included in the cost).   They all but told me they don't trust average wheel and tire shops to not mess up their work!  :laugh:  They did a great job and I have no complaints at all.

Wheel Refinishing Services | Carcone's Auto Recycling

The Step-by-Step Wheel Refinishing Process - Video - Carcone's Auto Recycling

Love the Turbines btw.   I have them on my MJ & XJ.   I have 2 spares and am looking for a 3rd which will all go on the tear drop trailer I am building. 

20-10-23 3.jpg

29 minutes ago, PCO6 said:

The company I used was Carcone's Auto Recycling and Wheel Refinishing.  Unfortunately they are located in Aurora, Ontario (45 minutes north of Toronto) which may not be practical for you.   I wouldn't be surprised if they ship to the US but it might put the price out of range for you.

I paid $125 CDN (about $95 USD) per wheel which is line with powder coating costs.  It took about a week.   Funny thing was that they almost insisted that they install and balance the tires (included in the cost).   They all but told me they don't trust average wheel and tire shops to not mess up their work!  :laugh:  They did a great job and I have no complaints at all.

Wheel Refinishing Services | Carcone's Auto Recycling

The Step-by-Step Wheel Refinishing Process - Video - Carcone's Auto Recycling

Love the Turbines btw.   I have them on my MJ & XJ.   I have 2 spares and am looking for a 3rd which will all go on the tear drop trailer I am building. 

20-10-23 3.jpg

Thanks,  yes that's to far.  I am looking for a place that does that kind of wheel restoration.  I have several sets I want done.

12 minutes ago, schardein said:

Thanks,  yes that's to far.  I am looking for a place that does that kind of wheel restoration.  I have several sets I want done.

I'm sure you'll find a spot and when you do ... I smell a volume discount!   :L:  Good luck.

54 minutes ago, acfortier said:

Wow, under $100 USD per each wheel is a great price. Quotes around me were $150-200 per wheel to refinish.

I ran into that too.   It was at a shop that specialized in motorcycle parts, engine parts, etc.  They did great mostly custom work and weren't shy about their prices.   Small shops are your best bet if you can find them.   I also had some Jeep MOAB wheels done recently for my LJ.  I took them to a large outfit that mostly did production parts for local industries.   They seemed to specialize in BBQs.   Wheels, car parts, etc. was a bit of a sideline or filler for them.   For $125 (CDN) they did a great job.   Their prices were even lower if you provided the powder.