Wiper function!

3 hours ago, Pete M said:

could be. :L:  there is usually a lot of drag on an old windshield. :(  have you improved the ground for the wiper motor yet?  do you have intermittent wipers on the stalk?

Yes, the ground has been done and it did nothing. I replaced to motor, it did nothing. I did not replace the arm bushings yet. And yes, I have intermittent speeds on my stalk lever.

it might be that the intermittent box has gone out.  it's a little black box right above your feet under the dash and held up with with velcro.  just pull it out, plug the 2 wire connectors together and bypass the box to see if your then have 2 speeds.  :L: 

5 hours ago, Pete M said:

it might be that the intermittent box has gone out.  it's a little black box right above your feet under the dash and held up with with velcro.  just pull it out, plug the 2 wire connectors together and bypass the box to see if your then have 2 speeds.  :L: 

As far as I discovered [when I had that knee panel removed, months ago] I did not see that so called 'little black box'

44 minutes ago, RestoringNV said:

As far as I discovered [when I had that knee panel removed, months ago] I did not see that so called 'little black box'

do you have a flat multi wire connector under there?  something that looks like it would plug in to the photo in rylee's post?

Pete and Rylee, at some point I will pull that knee panel off again and I will snap a few cell phone pictures, then share them with you here. I unfortunately do not remember seeing anything that even resembles either of the two items that you mentioned above. I do however have a flat rectangular yellow plastic box under there.

I was told by our late and dearly missed, departed HOrnbrod that this box was related to the cruise control, of which does not work either.

But until I revisit this area, I can not truly remember.

The yellow box is indeed the cruise control computer (only on Renix era vehicles). If you have the intermittent box, it will be roughly underneath the steering column, usually velcro'd to the metal part of the knee panel.

6 minutes ago, RestoringNV said:

Pete and Rylee, at some point I will pull that knee panel off again and I will snap a few cell phone pictures, then share them with you here. I unfortunately do not remember seeing anything that even resembles either of the two items that you mentioned above. I do however have a flat rectangular yellow plastic box under there.

I was told by our late and dearly missed, departed HOrnbird that this box was related to the cruise control, of which does not work either.

But until I revisit this area, I can not truly remember.

no need to drop lower dash Velcro patch is directly below steering column should be able to reach up and pull down into view if it is not there you should find two flat plugs hooked together. Any year wiper module from XJ should work. Pete M is correct you should have 2 spd. wipers without module and yellow box is cruise module