Calling all LJ guys

89 MJ

Alright, as much as I hate to say it, I think I am going to sell my MJ. I know, I don’t really want to, but it’s too nice to drive in the winter and too nice to park in the high school parking lot. I have decided to buy an LJ. I would like to get some pics of LJs though, along with some mods you guys have done. Thanks. 

I asked you guys because you are all friendly. I haven’t heard the same about other forums, which is why, when I get an LJ, it will be a CC exclusive build, like my MJ. 

I love LJs. I heavily debated getting one but they are pricey. Can't help you with pics or mods but the few I've seen done right either have a little lift, winch and 32s or full on long arms with a bunch of other goodies. Guess it would really depend on what you want it to do? 

I've got a 06 LJR with 3.5" Metalcloak lift and Jeep Special Equipment winch bumper.  

The next mod is a tummy tuck.

It's already called the best modern Jeep ever made.

Also the last good Jeep ever built IMO.

https://jalopnik.com/why-the-2004-to-2006-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-lj-is-the-1837831885

Also check out Genright's tracer LJ builds for some real nice eye candy.

1 hour ago, Red Mistress said:

I've got a 06 LJR with 3.5" Metalcloak lift and Jeep Special Equipment winch bumper.  

The next mod is a tummy tuck.

It's already called the best modern Jeep ever made.

Also the last good Jeep ever built IMO.

https://jalopnik.com/why-the-2004-to-2006-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-lj-is-the-1837831885

Also check out Genright's tracer LJ builds for some real nice eye candy.

Dennis I'm still kicking myself in the butt for buying a 1500 Chevy extended cab 4x4 z71 instead of this. 1 of the biggest regrets of my life!

• 2 weeks later...

The picture is old, but this is a 3" Savvy lift mixed with Metalcloak, Metalcloak fenders and such, simple steel bumpers, 4.88 gearing, ARB air lockers, and a few other things.  The wheels were replaced recently with 2019 JL Rubicon take offs.  It is a bit of a sleeper on the street.

IMG_2159.jpg

21 minutes ago, Alexia said:

The picture is old, but this is a 3" Savvy lift mixed with Metalcloak, Metalcloak fenders and such, simple steel bumpers, 4.88 gearing, ARB air lockers, and a few other things.  The wheels were replaced recently with 2019 JL Rubicon take offs.  It is a bit of a sleeper on the street.

IMG_2159.jpg

I’ve seen your build thread. Me wanting an LJ in this color is all your fault. Thank you.