Anyone use yahoo Japan or familiar with it ?

Strokermjcomanche

I'm of no direct help to you, surely.

But I will speak to the principle.

I buy nothing overseas, I've been tempted to. 

If I needed a must have- no way around it item-

For example, there are a couple of members here from Europe in good standing, I'd reach out to them, if they were willing to help......I'd feel fairly comfortable sending money. 

If it was a well known worldwide company? Maybe, maybe I'd deal direct. 

Otherwise, no. 

Or- Would I risk $100? Sure. Would I risk $1000, absolutely not. 

Case in point, I'd really like a pair of driving lights from Australia but without a US supplier........no way am I sending off $1000. 

I'd also never use any means that is connected to my bank account or credit cards.......maybe PP or Int MO or some other transfer. 

2 minutes ago, Pete M said:

would using a credit card help buffer your risk?   I did a quick look at White Rabbit site and it certainly appears like that's what you would want to use. 

I'm sure it would help , just doing everything I can to make the right choices so I don't get screwed . 

I buy parts out of Eastern Europe on a semi-regular basis. No issues yet. I can't see a Japanese company being any sketchier than anything out of Russia... White Rabbit looks pretty legit in comparison.

If you know of anyone into the JDM car scene, they likely would have recommendations. 

I wouldn't even worry and would just use a credit card or PayPal.

I've been burned multiple times with stuff but never actually been out of money at the end.

There's a POS iPhone sitting on my desk right now that I was burned on.  Cost me a few minutes of my time, nothing else.  I even told the seller that if they sent me a shipping label they could have it back, but they declined. :laugh: