I ain't no fan of BJ............but............

Jeep Driver

I'm also not a fan of rock bouncing, however, I do watch occasionally. 

There really is nothing Comanche about Matt's Comanche, one thing is clear though, there is no substitute for V8 power. 

I keep reading and hearing about how perfect Jeep's 4.0 is for off-roading. Don't believe everything you hear or read. 

I miss Moab.  it sure was a lot of fun  :comanche: 

the 4.0 does a great job of powering normal Jeeps on normal tires through normal offroading.  :D   but yes, torque is king and modern v8s have more. 

Its a pretty cool project. I`d probably like it a whole let better if he would have not butchered that nice truck bed like he did.
Moab does look fun, don`t know that I`d take my `manche there though.... 

the best part of Moab is the variety of trails.  there are trails that you can take a 2wd truck on! :D   heck, there was a crown vic on the one trail when I was there.

:comanche: 

the scenery is awesome, the traction is phenomenal and it's something everyone should do at least once, even if that means flying in and renting a jeep.  :D  (there are companies out there that do organized trail runs in their wranglers)

103748798.jpg

I don't know the going rate for the old scouts these days, but back then you could definitely have afforded that one.  The guy pieced it together from a half-dozen other piles of scrap, I mean Scouts, that he had.  It made the trip (kinda), but was a big hunk of rusty junk. :(

I agree 100% with this post. I swapped my trusty 4.0 for a 5.3  solely  to get better performance  in daily driving scenarios like in town and on the highway. I didn’t expect much difference off road. Boy was I wrong.