replacement 2.5L fuel injector?

the guy on FB said it "flowed better" or something along those lines. 

either way, a refurbed injector will likely flow better than a 30 year old unit because old stuff is... old. 

45 minutes ago, yxmj said:

If you search the site....someone had posted this info before

I didn't see it.  can you find me a link?  I want to add this tidbit to the DIY list and if the older contains more info than just a part number, I'd prefer to use it over this one. :L:  

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

the guy on FB said it "flowed better" or something along those lines. 

either way, a refurbed injector will likely flow better than a 30 year old unit because old stuff is... old. 

There's a little more to it than that they come in different flow rates

You can't just pull one out of one side of a 350 Chevy TBI from the 90s and and toss it in your Single Barrel TBI

I started out with a 55 lb injector and it was way too rich I currently have a 52 lb and if it's too rich 47 lb is stock

I posted a link to motor man fuel injection and somebody else's thread just a couple of days ago

I would not get one from RockAuto you're going to pay core Plus return shipping do get a better deal from motor man and you can actually talk to him

You also want to request a couple of extra O-rings and the new upper spacer but you will not get from RockAuto and you'll want to replace that space or at least have a spare

What would be interesting is to have a discussion on the topic of fuel injectors flow rates and spray patterns what effect that has on the ECM closed loop or open loop and fuel economy

2 hours ago, Pete M said:

I didn't see it.  can you find me a link?  I want to add this tidbit to the DIY list and if the older contains more info than just a part number, I'd prefer to use it over this one. :L:  

I am not having any luck (too many returns)

But I know that it was someone on here who pointed it out ( and even gave a part number) Because I am using one that I picked up after reading it.

24 minutes ago, Pete M said:

what's the part number?

If I knew that I could track down the post.........it has been a couple of years so I do not have the original packaging......I will look but i do not think it is stamped on it

The injector and throttlebody on the ‘87 I have were replaced along with the computer before I got it. All my MJ stuff will be headed to the scrapyard (I’m too sick to do anymore and I need to clean my place so I can sell it ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk