Should I buy back the Varmint??

XJs4Ever

Damn. The guy I sold my 86 to is selling it and I have first dibs. That was the deal of the sale. But I can't decide. It has some QUALITY lift parts under it but it still has that cursed 2.5L under the hood which is 99% of why I sold it in the first place. But geez it was the best off-road vehicle I ever had. I don't have the room for it, and love my XJ and Camaro too much to part with them. I do have a bud who has some acres in no-wheres-ville that may be able to store it while I track down a 4.0L and trans/t-case.

Dammit I just can't decide. Those who know me know the work I put into it and how attached I was to it but it was under powered and I sold it for reasons. That and the ripped frame, even though I put a fix on that and it seemed to hold strong afterwards.

gawd I dunno

HELP!

You know what I'm going to say... :D

Whaddup, bro??

Ya I know Pete, I know... "Buy it back!" I probly will cuz I'm a sucker. I kept the rocker sliders and grill guard and light bar for it [just in case]. Plus I still have two sets of tail light assemblies, dome lights, side vent covers, yadda yadda yadda

Scott took care of it as well as I did, so its still in awesome shape. But I still have a little voice telling me 'let it go'

I went camping/wheeling in the XJ last weekend and have some campfire stories to tell about that trip [including one of a 6" x 4' log jammed in above my driveshaft and against my fuel tank] to tell ya

Rick, even though I don't know you personally, I say buy it back. I've seen all the work and everything else you've put into it, and now that you have the chance to get it back, DO IT. You know it'll eat away at you if you don't, and some punk kid gets it and ends up wrecking it.

I just got off the phone with the dude. He will sell it to anyone for $750, but he said he'd sell it back to me only for $500. I sold it to him a year ago for $1,000 so....

He took it to emissions and even with a hollow cat - it passed. He says its the same or better than when he got it [in terms of upgrades like trackbar drop kit, wheels/tires etc].

I think I see my old friend re-appearing in my driveway soon. If that happens, I'll be all over this forum like I was in my days on the MJ group because that damn Varmint was like family to me and an everyday thing.

I have digitized a "best of" video, mostly of the MJ's wheelin days but it has some other jazz on it too so if anyone wants a DVD of it - lemme know and I will send you a copy. The audio is original but it has some background music dubbed in over it [Pink Floyds DARK SIDE OF THE MOON - entire album]. Its real entertainment - trust me! :D

Your XJ have a decent drivetrain? 4.0, Aw4 or AX-15...?

You're simply not thinking outside the box here. You can combine them and not give up the XJ, but have a badass MJ at the same time.

Yea I know. dang

Ok I will do some soul searching here in the next few days and decide by the weekend - one way or da udder

I just got off the phone with the dude. He will sell it to anyone for $750, but he said he'd sell it back to me only for $500. I sold it to him a year ago for $1,000 so....

He took it to emissions and even with a hollow cat - it passed. He says its the same or better than when he got it [in terms of upgrades like trackbar drop kit, wheels/tires etc].

I WILL see my old friend re-appearing in my driveway soon. When that happens, I'll be all over this forum like I was in my days on the MJ group because that damn Varmint was like family to me and an everyday thing.

I have digitized a "best of" video, mostly of the MJ's wheelin days but it has some other jazz on it too so if anyone wants a DVD of it - lemme know and I will send you a copy. The audio is original but it has some background music dubbed in over it [Pink Floyds DARK SIDE OF THE MOON - entire album]. Its real entertainment - trust me! :D

Fixed your post for ya. :brows: Oh, and I wouldn't mind seeing/having one of those DVDs

Get it, man! Its been UPGRADED and you can get it back for HALF of what you sold it to the guy for?! COme on!! And at $750 for ANYONE you better act quick so it's not gone and totalled, aka STRIPPED, by the end of the month!

Oh, and id like to see that dvd, too!

I am soo close to pulling the 5 Franklins outta the bank right now. Urrrr!

ok guys I will start burning the DVDs this weekend. I'll need addys.

PS

donations [for packaging, DVD-r, postage] are welcome but not required. I'm guessing between $5-$10 would cover it. Paypal is easy and I have the upgraded version so credit/debit cards should work. But like I said, if yer as poor as me you can stiff me the costs :D

my PP acct is toocooljeep@netzero.net

how did I f-up that post???? guess i'm an analog guy in a digital world

You know if you turn it down in abotu 2 months you will be crying in the bathroom with a bottle of jack in your hand :beerhead: :cry: :wall:

Just do it and don't look back. You have tio give the old Varmit another try. OH and with the money you save you can get 4.88s for it. :brows: Since you are pretty much making money from buying it for less then you sold it. can't pass up free money. 8)

Cole :popcorn: