Unknown electrical components

I don’t drive my 89 in the winter months to keep the salt off of it, but today I got a wild hair to open the door and check carpet for wetness due to the high amounts of rain we’ve had. Unfortunately, I found my driver side soaked. I spent the next hour stripping the interior, and while doing so, noticed the pictured yellow and gray boxes underneath the driver dash. The grayish clear box appears to say something about emission performance? Anyone have an idea what these are? Truck came out of NC, do they do emission testing there? Truck is an 89 4.0 5-speed 4x4.

Feel free to chime in on common places for leaks on driver side floorboard. I’ve got baby powder down but I’ll take all the help I can get.

9F7500DB-A951-4CE3-83D0-3AB8D99B5669.jpeg

289F34FC-3410-4D35-8A74-41AE83BD886F.jpeg

4AE7F37B-D247-40A9-B1BF-C3728FC07A44.jpeg

4 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

In the top picture, from left to right is the cruise control module, emissions service timer and the ECU.

As for the leaks I have heard the windshield and the master cylinder are common places

Thanks! 

every single possible point of entry has leaked for someone at some time.  they are all suspect. :(   my 86 was leaking at the top of the windshield, running inside the A-pillar and trickling down to become a puddle on the floor.  :furious2: