Metric ton leaf springs, plates, and D44 guts

SatiricalHen

I recently purchased a MJ D44 with 4.10 gears, limited slip, good drum backing plates and the drums appear to be good. I plan to regear it and put it in a Cherokee so I would be willing to trade for an XJ D44.

The leaf springs were still on it when I bought it and I was told they were metric ton leaf springs and I know for a fact they’re a lot heavier duty than what my Comanche has under it. I’ll start at $250 but don’t be afraid to make an offer.

D44 leaf spring plates. The newer style without the brace in the middle. The shock tabs are rough, but threads looks fine and aftermarket shock mounts are cheap. $20 OBO

make me an offer on any of it or all of it.
739a2a7c137a19f1a4abfda40b1fe458.jpg4855462dccc35c61b89c9ca46ec512fc.jpgd9edcd3f4ba062636e36ebb9fcc0dcde.jpg
I forgot to take a picture of the D44, but it’s a slightly dirty slightly greasy D44. Willing to sell the axle or the axle shafts for the right price. If I use the axle it will probably get 33 spline shafts.

Forgot to put that I am located in Upstate, SC but willing to ship on your dime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

something is wonky with those leafs. :thinking:  if I remember right, the metric ton leafs were either 4+1 or 3+2.  those are 2+2 and the second overload doesn't extend past the lower on one end.  I need to do some searchin'...

5 hours ago, SatiricalHen said:

make me an offer on any of it or all of it.

How much of the guts are  you replacing?  I've got a 3.07 MJ D44 I'd like to regear to 4.10, so I'd be interested in the ring and pinion, carrier and lsd depending on condition and availability.  PM me if any of that is available, please.

How much of the guts are  you replacing?  I've got a 3.07 MJ D44 I'd like to regear to 4.10, so I'd be interested in the ring and pinion, carrier and lsd depending on condition and availability.  PM me if any of that is available, please.

I’m not keeping anything from the inside except maybe the shafts if I stay 30 spline.

this is a factory 3+2 metric ton set.  I have no idea what yours are. :dunno: 

f7a3574696f0f5f9c47a6e3872fdba71.jpg.2b1844b9fa5858be5f2c474e696cc800.jpg

I’m not sure about the 3 vs 2 part, but it looks like maybe the top overload leaf may be backwards. The center pin and the u bolts I took off of it look pretty factory or at least pretty old. I’m just going off of what the guy said they were

9 minutes ago, jpdriver1 said:

went out to brave the rain and took this of my MT springs

89 MJ MT springs.jpeg

7 springs there.........Did you add any leafs or did you buy it that way? Factory MT packs are either 4+1 or 3+2 leaves, but both are 5 spring packs. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived