Electrical or fuel problem?

Hey people, I’ve been struggling to get my 89 2.5 Comanche to run. She starts and idle well , but as soon as I step on the gas peddle she halts. The moment I let go of the gas she goes back to normal idling. I’ve replaced the CPS, Ignition Module, vacuum hoses and still no change - it’s sounds like she’s smothered either too much gas or to little gas. I’m ready to give up . Please help !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I forgot to mention, it only happens like 5 mins after starting- as if something warms up and stops working .... if I drive immediately after start it doesn’t happen and I can get full RPMs . Then all of a sudden it would not let me touch the gas

8 hours ago, Ωhm said:

I'm using the 88 electrical manual and I now notice different wiring between 2.5L and 4.0L for the O2 sensor. Try looking for the 6 ohms between pin_A and pin_B. Any one else notice this different wiring before?

Yes.

My fuzzy recollection is that the 2.5L oxygen sensor doesn't have a heater.

17 hours ago, Moffat007 said:

I forgot to mention, it only happens like 5 mins after starting- as if something warms up and stops working .... if I drive immediately after start it doesn’t happen and I can get full RPMs . Then all of a sudden it would not let me touch the gas

Besides the grounds............

My guess from afar-  O2 or Temp sensor. 

So the O2 sensor did not fix the problem. I’m down to the fuel pump and fuel regular. I did ground the fuel pump properly per the directions in another topic post. I will check and secure the wiring going into the tank to the pump. ( pump is new...)

I’ll also be adding additional grounds per the above mentioned tip.

Just now, Moffat007 said:

So the O2 sensor did not fix the problem. I’m down to the fuel pump and fuel regular. I did ground the fuel pump properly per the directions in another topic post. I will check and secure the wiring going into the tank to the pump. ( pump is new...)

I'll repeat myself- Look at the injector as you give it throttle........what is happening?

Temp sensor is critical.