Nieve?

grumpiebill

Not sure this is appropriate here...is $100 for a tailgate with minor damage (top corners each end) too much? I just sold this guy my 2.8 motor & transmission. I was asking $400 and came down $200 and was expecting a better deal...suspect I'm being nieve

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

Offer $50.  Say you gave him half off asking so it's only fair.  

People's defition of "minor" will vary so a picture would be ideal.  If the gate does what you want to, grab it.  It's not unlike other prices I've seen.  Ive rarely seen a tailgate listed for under $100, even with some cosmetic damage.

Offer $50.  Say you gave him half off asking so it's only fair.  

People's defition of "minor" will vary so a picture would be ideal.  If the gate does what you want to, grab it.  It's not unlike other prices I've seen.  Ive rarely seen a tailgate listed for under $100, even with some cosmetic damage.
Rock On, Thanks. He did send pics. It is minor but I wasn't looking for perfect. Suppose I should counter offer. He also wanted $100 for a front bumper...

6 minutes ago, grumpiebill said:

Rock On, Thanks. He did send pics. It is minor but I wasn't looking for perfect. Suppose I should counter offer. He also wanted $100 for a front bumper...

I wouldn't pay that much for a front bumper.  Go to the JY and get one off an XJ for next to nothing.  The MJ and XJ front bumpers are the same.

I'd pay $100 for one in good condition.

I'd pay $200 for one that was mint or only needed paint.  No lie.

And it's spelled naive.  Don't think I'm trying to be a twat by correcting you, it's a weird word and lots of people spell it wrong, I'm just trying to preserve the English language.