Snow

mjeff87

Havin' us a good old fashioned snowmageddon here today.  Started around 0800 and we already have 2+ inches so far.  The real juicy stuff is supposed to move thru here early afternoon and if we're lucky enough we might even get some thunder snow.  I'm guessing we end up with about 10 inches if it doesn't change over to ice later on today (fingers crossed it doesn't).  It's been a steady 31 degrees here so far.  Big, fat, wet sticky flakes:beerbang:

Southwest VA and central NC are getting absolutely hammered by this storm, but I'll happily take my 10" of white goodness.  Enough for me to not have to go to work tomorrow, lol.  Schools here will probably be closed all week:doh:

Looks like it's shaping up to be a pretty dry winter here. We've had a couple small dumps, but mostly it's gone. Even the mountains don't have much on them. I haven't been up to the ski hill yet, word is it's pretty rough still.

But at least it makes for decent skating.

image.jpeg

^^^that is gorgeous, I agree

My wife's uncle up in PA picked up a snowblower for me earlier this year (they don't really exist down here).  It's only a single stage unit, but it's a Honda.  I've been itching to see how it does, so I waited until about 2:00 today until we had about 5-6" in the driveway, and I fired her up.  Despite this being a super wet, heavy snow, that thing was throwing rooster tails of snow out the chute about 20 feet:beerbang:.  I did my driveway and walkway in 12 minutes flat.  My neighbors are throwing me the stink eye, BIG time:laugh:

11 minutes ago, mjeff87 said:

My neighbors are throwing me the stink eye, BIG time:laugh:

Nice :D    My buddy in michigan had a heated driveway put in.   Previously his house was the last to get shoveled (IF it did) and now it's perfect all the time from snowflake one.  If his neighbors didn't hate him before, they surely must now. :roflmao:

I'm out of greensboro and we in fact had the smack down given to us by mother nature. i haven't seen this much winter activity since 2003. we got a easy 12 inches. This is the first year i haven't had a 4wd especially a jeep. Hope to have the manche going by next winter.

2 minutes ago, mjeff87 said:

Cwhite....:beerbang:

the snow is finally done.....ended up with 12.5".

My driveway/walkway is bare:laugh:

I'm guessing we're between 10-12"........my driveway is untouched. MJ moved to the end of the driveway and wife's MDX ready to go too, it's pretty damn good in the snow. If I had a snow blower I'd happily clear it, but when clearing the driveway depends on Armstrong Snow Shovel Service , I depend on 4wd to do their job.