Jump to content

Ratricha the 88 Pioneer

Recommended Posts

Another good day in the garage. Finally decided to do the C101 delete. I now feel a little dumb for spending 3 hours or so cleaning it. It took less time to just delete it. I think my idle is even a little smoother now. It felt a little weird soldering wires together that aren't the same color. Minus that and 4 wires that don't have a mate it was quite easy. 


There wonderful C101.


Wire cutters, wire strippers, soldering gun, solder, heat shrink, 1/4 socket,8MM socket, flat screw driver, ratchet, and something to heat the heat shrink. 


There power steering pump holds a soldering gun like it was meant to be.



Half way mark.




I would definitely recommend removing it instead of cleaning it!


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Had some time last night to work in the truck. Decided to move the vacuum reservoir/ replace the vacuum reservoir The truck originally had cruise and I couldn't find the correct speedometer cable so no need for the dual reservoir. My main goal was to have less vacuum hose for less areas to leak. I mounted it under the coolant pressure bottle. I also installed my new to me relay cover. It really cleans up the engine competent. I also covered all the wires in convoluted tubing to clean up the engine compartment.IMG_20190309_164157124.jpg.2e9e2f441e69a3a2f381cf1692a6a481.jpg

There old and then new. 


There new reservoir was for a 88 S-10. 


You almost can't see it.


I can't believe how much better this looks with the cover. Thank you 88mjsally!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Back when I cleaned my IAT sensor it was nasty. It bothered me I couldn't buy a replacement if I needed too! I read on here you could use a AcDelco sensor. It does work perfect. I bought the sensor and both pigtails do I could leave the stock sensor intact. I also installed the new one in the air box. The two pigtails spliced together is the perfect length. After I installed it I hooked up my MT2500 and the sensor reads dead on with actual temp.


Standard S650 Renix side pigtail

ACDELCO PT307 sensor side pig

ACDELCO 213-190 IAT Sensor


Harness from Renix to AcDelco sensor.


Perfect length. 


5/8 hole in the air cleaner lid and the sensor screws in perfectly. 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to go through and put split loom and tape on all my wiring. The factory stuff is missing, brittle or worn through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have split loom everywhere in my garage. Menards is my favorite place to buy it very cheap! I always grab some when I walk through the electrical isle. It's my 4 year olds favorite store. This corner used to drive me nuts! $5 later and so much better.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

$10 and now my foot won't slip off either pedal when it's wet. Dorman 20780.IMG_20190313_191241938.jpg.39f15bb286ead707151f30260c968ef4.jpgIMG_20190313_191412943.jpg.ba2f6caee1a83d74dc48d3004a022269.jpg

The brake pedal was tore up pretty bad.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally built some battery cables today. I finally believe I am done with running grounds. I have a 2 gauge to the block, a 6 gauge to the frame rail, a 6 gauge to the header panel, and a 4 gauge from the intake to the firewall. I have also added the extra ground to the blower motor, an extra under the dash, one at the fuel pump, and a real one at the tail lights. I am about due for another tube of Oxguard. 



I really like the military style battery terminals!



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Found the outer window seal I bought at sometime cleaning the garage today. They are super easy to change. If you roll the window down and just pry up they pop of the 3 retainers. Should help to keep water out. They also look much better than the old cracked brittle ones that were there.IMG_20190317_171228535.jpg.6ba26893e263fd2d973012268dc55d10.jpg

The drivers side had chunks missing.


Passengers side wasn't any better.



They both required a little trimming. They are close to correct just not perfect. IMG_20190317_172655904.jpg.78d114c2ed8abcffd35d975ea9609a95.jpg

They look so much better!


Well worth $20 and 20 minutes.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Noticed the truck was marking it's territory again. The power steering pressure line was leaking. While I was changing that I put in my new fan shroud. They are still readily available from Mopar. My old one was cracked and when I took it out it broke into pieces.


There old pressure hose didn't want to come out. The pipe was rusted into the fitting.

IMG_20190320_193405122.jpg.80ebc6e70ee7ecb923819082c0589b07.jpgIMG_20190320_205321844.jpg.bfec940088300546b48bd4670c10e98c.jpgThe new hose looks out off place it's too clean.



There new shroud sticker is a little different. But it fits perfect.


The old shroud was definitely game over.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...