There went my MJ money, my Nissan saga.

Jeep Driver

The problem is there is nothing else in the mid-sized truck market that I trust to pull the weight I pull. Full-sized, which I do not want, start at around $47K. 

And no, sorry, and I'll offend everyone of you, Jeep is a POS. My mother has the new Cherokee, Jeep just replaced the PTU, power transfer unit, what we know as the TC, Jeep had it two weeks and cost over $5K. And jeep has never been known for it's pulling capability. 

My brother owns a new Colorado Z71, nice truck but after looking at it, no confidence it would last pulling 4K on these mountain roads. And even at that, those are reaching $40K and beyond. 

Ford is reintroducing Ranger here in the states, turbo inline 4...........no thanks. 

Dodge? would never even consider another Chrysler product. 

Toyota? way over priced and I don't see any of those pulling anything. 

Nissan is a workhorse, excellent for towing. And it rides like a car, not a truck. 

YJL1hfu.jpg

that sucks.  this is precisely why my folks got the extended Mopar warranty for the Durango.  small problems cost big bucks.  :(   plus this helps keep their finances easier to predict. 

I prefer my rigs about 10 years old.  by then most problems are well documented and the fixes are known.  plus junkparts have loads of parts.  should be interesting if that philosophy can still remain valid in another 5-10 years.  :dunno:

Worked for Nissan for a bit, watched about half your video.

Blue goo is just coolant that's been dripping and ended up solidifying, Nissan coolant is blue.

I've actually never seen a failure like you had. Nissan for the most part makes a fairly decent product, as long as it doesn't have a CVT.

Parts showing up broken is $#!&ty, and I don't understand why they would make you replace the whole box and not just the heater core?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk