East bound and down!

shelbyluvv

Good luck, Bo! Safe travels. 
I'm stuck in California until the 25th then we start our trek. Thank you Ben. Hopefully it is uneventful.
I'm glad to hear you put priorities 1st with the mj:L:
The MJ sealed the deal. Once she was there I knew there was no way I would leave it.

Plus I'm pretty sure it has a cracked block and if I kept driving it bad things were going to happen.

My sister lives there. Its the only place Ive been in the states that has more heat and humidity than Indiana. I think we both have Florida licked, but I haven't ever been to Louisiana and Alabama has to be right in there with us from my few visits. Anyway safe travels and good luck with the big move.

What route are you planning?
We'll be taking the 40 and dropping south around Memphis
My sister lives there. Its the only place Ive been in the states that has more heat and humidity than Indiana. I think we both have Florida licked, but I haven't ever been to Louisiana and Alabama has to be right in there with us from my few visits. Anyway safe travels and good luck with the big move.
It is a humid mofo there. Gnats, bugs and thunderstorms daily as well. It is not my first choice but family comes first for once.

Thank you for the encouragement.

I retire from the Marines next Tuesday, leave for GA on the 25 get to GA on the 30th and I start my new career as a DoD Contractor on August 1st.

No time to relax if I want to be 100% retired in the next 5 years debt free.

On Henry? Damn, then it wouldn't be olde school anymore. But it sounds very very cool...
Not old school at all. It is dangerous to drive right now. It was built in the early 90s and it it butchered.

I want a nice safe driver for my wife.

On 7/10/2018 at 9:14 PM, shelbyluvv said:

I retire from the Marines next Tuesday, leave for GA on the 25 get to GA on the 30th and I start my new career as a DoD Contractor on August 1st.

No time to relax if I want to be 100% retired in the next 5 years debt free.

Hey Bo, if you went to work for DoD itself, not as a DoD contractor, you could get two retirements.   :L:

Hey Bo, if you went to work for DoD itself, not as a DoD contractor, you could get two retirements.   :L:
I would have to start as a GS 12 to get what I am getting to start with this company. I'm pretty comfortable with my retirement and VA. My wife is a GS7 step 2. I don't want to work more than 5 more years before I completely retire. We need to pay down a few bills (child support) and then we will be set. That divorce a few years ago really set me back.

1 minute ago, shelbyluvv said:

That divorce a few years ago really set me back.

Yep, been through that. She got the house, cars, etc; I got a suitcase full of bills.  :crazy:  But it all worked out eventually. 

On 7/12/2018 at 3:26 PM, shelbyluvv said:

I would have to start as a GS 12 to get what I am getting to start with this company. I'm pretty comfortable with my retirement and VA. My wife is a GS7 step 2. I don't want to work more than 5 more years before I completely retire. We need to pay down a few bills (child support) and then we will be set. That divorce a few years ago really set me back.

Bo and Don, 

Our own sanity is priceless.  Well worth the price..

Yes, been there, done that. I like my sanity. Happy to pay for it. All water under the bridge.

Like the Eagles song, Yesterday is gone. Don't stop thinking about Tomorrow.

No matter how we look back, we learned good lessons from our past.